You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Mounting accessories?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Teach
Posted 2008-05-03 12:09 PM (#9619)
Subject: Mounting accessories?

Visionary

Wondering if anyone has had any luck or come up with good locations for mounting GPS, Coffee cup holders and the like?
I'd really hate mounting to a place like the clutch lever housing.

How about cigarett lighters? anyone mounted one and where? I know that I can purchase the BMW style plugs for the iPod compartment but would like to have something more convenient, or rather in a more convenient location.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Newfie
Posted 2008-05-03 1:47 PM (#9621 - in reply to #9619)
Subject: RE: Mounting accessories?

Cruiser

Edmonton, AB
Hi Teach....I mounted a Garmin Zumo 550 on the centre console between the ignition switch and the stereo display. It has worked out really well and I am happy with how it looks as well as how it functions.

Details in the Tech Reference section.

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=744&post...

Hope this helps.
Mudge
Posted 2008-05-03 2:28 PM (#9622 - in reply to #9619)
Subject: RE: Mounting accessories?

Tourer

20 miles west of Chicago.
Various RAM bar mount bases will fit on the handlebars with the addition of a longer U-bolt purchased locally and cut to size. Touratech (http://www.touratech-usa.com) has mounts for up to 1 1/2 inch bars. Both have various mounting cradles pads, etc. which will attach to the bases. Under the plastic panel directly in front of your seat, there is a grey two-wire female T-section spade plug which is not connected to anything. The plug fits the BMW type sockets, but could easily be adapted to a cigarette lighter type plug by either the use of an adaptor, sold by several places, or by cutting off the plug and rewiring it to the device of your choice. I cut the one off of mine and am using it as power for my handlebar mounted ZUMO. It is intended as an extra for the addition of a BMW type plug in addition to the one in the glove box. You could drill a hole in the plastic panel to mount a socket and power it from this source. If your need is actually for a cigarette lighter type plug, fine, but, the BMW type plug is mechanically superior and more durable, and there are conversion adaptors available if you already have devices with the lighter type plugs.

Edited by Mudge 2008-05-03 2:30 PM
BillyTheKidd
Posted 2008-05-04 3:43 PM (#9664 - in reply to #9619)
Subject: Re: Mounting accessories?

Cruiser

Denver
Can someone please tell me what the diameter of the handle bar is... I am getting the chrome handlebars didn't know if that makes a difference.

Willy
Teach
Posted 2008-05-06 8:30 PM (#9799 - in reply to #9619)

Visionary

Thanks guys. I decided to try the large RAM suction cup mount on the center consol. If this doesn't hold I'll look at alternatives.
cjnoho
Posted 2008-05-06 10:47 PM (#9812 - in reply to #9619)

Visionary

So Cal
The Vision doesnt have round handle bars. I would kie to see how they are made.
SaintHowie
Posted 2008-05-16 10:25 AM (#10337 - in reply to #9619)

Puddle Jumper

Lebanon, PA
The handle bars are rounded top and bottom but flattened in the area that passes along the fuel door and electronics compartment if that makes any sense. I recently added a TomTom Rider 2nd edition GPS. It comes with the RAM mount for your bars and a Cardo Scala bluetooth helmet set. I just rode from PA to Myrtle and it worked out great. The best part is I got it online from WalMart for $550. Every place else wants $649.99. The GPS is easily removes so no one steals it and it fits into the little cubby hole inside the left saddle bag. Now my bluetooth phone connects through my GPS and hear it in my helmet. So far everyone said I sounded gret while I was doing 75 down Route 95.
SaintHowie
Posted 2008-05-16 10:30 AM (#10338 - in reply to #9619)

Puddle Jumper

Lebanon, PA
I forgot to mention I had to buy a longer2" "U" bolt to get it on the handlebars.
Teach
Posted 2008-05-16 9:42 PM (#10362 - in reply to #9619)

Visionary

After looking for and not having any success finding a security point to tie down the TomTom just in case the suction cup let go I decided to just use my permanent GPS mount with the extra heavy duty double sided tape that comes with it (don't want to drill holes). Works just fine. Now I need to make an adapter plate for the reservior to mount my coffee cup holder.
Thanks again folks, I do appreciate the input...... T
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™