You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Free Towing for Recall
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

PalmBeachRider
Posted 2008-04-18 11:34 AM (#8723)
Subject: Free Towing for Recall

Cruiser

Florida
Okay, before you jump on me about putting this in the Ignition Recall thread, I thought this would be better placed in its own thread.

I just received the recall letter and because it's a "Do Not Ride" recall and considered serious, I thought I'd take it to the next level.

While I'm not an attorney, I am to understand that once you have received this letter and if you continue to ride the bike, if you get in an accident you might not be covered under your insurance policy. I know this is extremist thinking, but let's face it, insurance companies always look for loopholes to NOT pay a claim.

With that in mind, since I haven't yet received my VRA packet (purchased 2/14), I contacted my dealer as to the best way to proceed. As I've stated before, I deal with Victory of South Florida and the owner (Walt) is one of the great ones. He provided the VRA emergency service number and requested I contact them to tow the bike to the dealership. (Since I'm planning a weekend trip, time is of the essence). He had just received the part and told me that he would do an immediate turn around for me and if the tow truck driver is agreeable, he will do it while the Vision is on the tow truck...meaning it will be back in just a few hours.

For your records, the number is 800-809-6075...but be prepared to hold for a while. They will ask your name and pull your records up on the computer. They provide up to $200 in towing services. While they won't commit to delivering your bike back to you, if you treat the tow truck driver respectfully, you MIGHT be able to pull this off.

Also, allow me to add that this call appears to go to an outside company (assumption), but does have access to the ownership records. While my call was answered in the USA, the operator was speaking from a script and her master of the language is....not great. Definitely in the category of "minimum wage."

Nonetheless, I'll follow up and let you know how it goes.

Has anyone else tried this? After all, it's Victory's recall and we're covered, so why not take advantage of this service?

PBR
Top of the page Bottom of the page
PalmBeachRider
Posted 2008-04-18 6:45 PM (#8736 - in reply to #8723)
Subject: Re: Free Towing for Recall

Cruiser

Florida
Follow Up: Recall completed. The tow truck driver took the bike to the dealer, waited while they installed the fix and returned it. I'm hoping this solves the stalling problems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™