You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

scala headset
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

jerrys auto
Posted 2008-04-17 11:22 PM (#8706)
Subject: scala headset

Puddle Jumper

does anybody know if the scala Q2 wireless headsets works good. im going to add a communication system to my vision and was looking at this one. they say u can answer ur cell phone and get gps instruction threw the head set
Top of the page Bottom of the page
PalmBeachRider
Posted 2008-04-18 7:36 AM (#8718 - in reply to #8706)
Subject: Re: scala headset

Cruiser

Florida
I've had the Scala Q2 for two months and love it for use with my phone. I don't initiate calls while riding, but can answer them hands-free, with no wires and the quality is pretty good.

I just ordered a second helmet with a second Q2 so that I could use the intercom feature. It arrived this week. However, the two Q2's would not pair up. The Scala Rider Tech Support is good and I learned there were some bugs with the initial units and he's swapping my older one out for me. I'll keep you posted on how it works after I get the new unit in and setup.

The onlly problem I had was that when it was in standby mode, I would get this "beeping" in my headset caused by the wind triggering the voice activation feature. The upgraded model may cure this, but the other fix is to turn off the VOX feature and use the Push To Talk feature.

For answering a call while driving, I give it fairly high marks...with the caveat, I only use it occasionally and am not a huge fan while talking on the cell phone while riding as I like getting away from the phone. But it's nice that I can receive a call in case of an emergency or problem.

I had the wired intercom/CB on my Goldwing, and I can't tell you how many times I would dismount and forget to detach the cable...Wireless = Good!
Mudge
Posted 2008-04-18 11:54 AM (#8725 - in reply to #8718)

Tourer

20 miles west of Chicago.
A question for you, Sir. Do you happen to know if there would be any problem using the Scala gizmo to sync with a Garmin Zumo 550 to use it to receive the audio turn-by-turn directions, rather than running them through the bike's audio system? To complicate the question, I also have a bluetooth phone that will sync with the ZUMO, allowing the use of the ZUMO keypad to operate the phone and was wondering if they could all be integrated. I know that since you're not using this setup you may have no way of knowing this, but I thought the setup directions that come with Scala unit might have some reference.
Breaker
Posted 2008-04-18 2:07 PM (#8727 - in reply to #8706)

Iron Butt

Western WA
Mudge,

I think PalmBeachRider sucessfuly uses that setup. Might want to PM him, or maybe he will see this thread and comment.
jerrys auto
Posted 2008-04-18 10:43 PM (#8743 - in reply to #8706)
Subject: RE: scala headset

Puddle Jumper

thanks for the info
PalmBeachRider
Posted 2008-04-18 10:50 PM (#8744 - in reply to #8706)

Cruiser

Florida
Hi Guys. The short answer is yes. But the longer answers is they won't claim it will pair with every Bluetooth GPS device as some use different codes. For example, the Cardo code is 0000. If the Zumo pairing code is 1234, it may or may not work. If you want to find out the definitive answer, here's the tech support number for Cardo: 800-488-0363. They're open Weekdays during business hours.

I guess that PBR is the place you come to for answers!
Outback101
Posted 2008-04-29 11:29 AM (#9350 - in reply to #8744)

Puddle Jumper

Between Rockford and Sterling Illinois
Well ya! If it's a gadget we are going to ask the guru. I am struggling between getting the Nolan Helmets and Bluetooth or some other setup and appreciate anyones input on sytems they have used. I am new to the communication and radio thingys on the bikes and it has been no helmets and wind in the ears and what's left of the hair (falling off the head now and transplanting in the ears) for quite a while. I am enjoying the radio on the Vision a lot and want to be able to listen in a helmet in stereo if possible and use GPS and phone. Probably asked and answered before but is there one system that does all of this?
SaintHowie
Posted 2008-05-16 3:34 PM (#10345 - in reply to #8706)

Puddle Jumper

Lebanon, PA
I just purchased the TomTom Rider 2nd edition GPS that comes with the Scala headset. Not only does it work great with the GPS but it also interfaces with my Blackberry Pearl. A call comes into your phone, the gps pops up a box to accept or decline. If you accept you call goes right to your headset. I use a full face helmet but I'm sure it would work well with a 3/4 helmet too. Anyone I've talked to so far said it sounded great.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™