You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Rain Gear
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

NastySplinter
Posted 2008-04-15 9:12 AM (#8501)
Subject: Rain Gear

Puddle Jumper

Strongsville, Ohio
Need some more advice Riders !

I need to find Rain Gear to fit me. Can't seem to locate rain pants with 37" inseam and a jacket for tall riders.

Any suggestions, other than using a couple of 55 gallon black garbage bag liners?

Thanks,

Edited by NastySplinter 2008-04-15 9:12 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
VisionTex
Posted 2008-04-15 10:10 AM (#8505 - in reply to #8501)
Subject: RE: Rain Gear

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
I wanted a rain suit that packed small and was reasonably priced and gave good protection. I carry two on the bike at all times. I chose the Victory PVC rain suit, I think they were around $40 per suit. Then I got the Tour Master rain boot which goes over your boots and is pretty tall, almost to my knee. These also pack small, are reasonably priced ($20) and give good protection. Both rain suits and two sets of boots pack into the space below the trunk, so they don't take up storage in the bags or trunk. The rain boot should solve you problem with the long inseam. I had also looked at some Froggs rain suits, they really pack nice, give good protection also, but went with the Victory suit instead, maybe just because it says Victory on them and willing to support the cause. Good luck on your search.
Big Vic
Posted 2008-04-15 7:56 PM (#8527 - in reply to #8501)
Subject: Re: Rain Gear

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
I'm 6'8" and have a 36" inseam. I had the same problem until I bought a good set from Cabela's. (they have talls) They are lightweight, breathable and work great! My suit is red and black and was available in many colors. If memory serves me correctly it was about $150 and worth every penny of it the first time I rode 200 miles in the rain. Check them out they might have just what you need.
NastySplinter
Posted 2008-04-15 9:54 PM (#8538 - in reply to #8501)
Subject: Re: Rain Gear

Puddle Jumper

Strongsville, Ohio
Hey Big Vic, I didn't know there were other guys out there taller than myself. I have one heck of a time getting clothes to fit well. I am 6'7".
Any chance you can take a look at the tags on your rain suit you bought from Cabela's? Just see if there is some sort of brand name. I checked their site, but their talls (the ones I looked at) had inseams of 33". Thanks for the input!

VisionTex, I'll drop by the Victory dealer in the morning to see what sizes the logo'd suits are available in. I'll be checking into the Tour Master boots covers also.

Thanks to all the responding V-R members for their knowledge, wisdom and time spent making your own personal product selections. Without your help, I'd be making uneducated guesses on extra gear and accessories.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™