You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Getting Hitched
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

jg2842
Posted 2008-04-11 3:05 PM (#8234)
Subject: Getting Hitched

New user

This may be a crazy question, but has anyone figured out a way to mount a trailer hitch on a Vision yet? I only ask because I like the idea of added towable storage. I am new to the site and am not yet an owner. I am currently in Afghanistan working on a Govt. contract and I intend to get a Vision when I get home in about 10 months. Good luck to everyone and safe riding!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Crawford
Posted 2008-04-11 3:31 PM (#8238 - in reply to #8234)
Subject: Re: Getting Hitched

Tourer

Regina Saskatchewan Canada
Bushtec has one in development. Not sure of any other companies developing a hitch for the Vision.

http://www.bushtec.com/

Lone Ranger
Posted 2008-04-16 2:09 PM (#8583 - in reply to #8238)
Subject: Hitch is almost ready!

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

Hello from Kuwait!  I just contacted Andrew Preston at Bushtec about the hitch they are developing, using my bike and here is his response:

I have attached a few photos of the completed install with trailer attached and one of the hitch head on the rear of the bike.  Our road testing is complete and we are in the process of revising the tooling to accommodate some changes from our tested form.  We did find that the Vision is a bit more sensitive to proper tongue weight loading and does better towing a trailer with a load than empty.  Our test trailer was towed at empty weight of approximately 150 pounds and with a load of another 150 pounds.  The first batch of production parts should be complete in the next 30 days.  We are still working on setting the retail price which should be done by the end of the week. 

Check out the pictures in the gallery, under Lone Ranger.  I think it looks pretty sharp with a trailer attached!  I'm really looking forward to getting back home next year so I can use it.

varyder
Posted 2008-04-16 3:17 PM (#8588 - in reply to #8583)
Subject: RE: Hitch is almost ready!

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Thanks Lone Ranger, first for your service to our great nation, and then to fellow Vision riders!

graybeard
Posted 2008-04-16 4:46 PM (#8591 - in reply to #8234)

Cruiser

NW Illinois
Thanks loneranger for yur service to our country
Also thanks for letting bushtec use your bike to develope a hitch. I to have a bushtec that I have contiplated selling but may not now with the availability of a removable hitch.
Tramp
Posted 2008-04-17 9:14 AM (#8646 - in reply to #8583)

Cruiser

Thanks for the update. Nice pictures.
Thanks again for your service and for letting Bushtec use your bike.
Be safe.
Innkeepers
Posted 2008-04-17 10:44 AM (#8649 - in reply to #8646)

Cruiser

Puyallup, Washington

Lone Ranger, we appreciate your sacrifice for our country and your service to Vision Riders.  We've been considering a trailer and the Bushtec seems like a good choice.  Wish you good luck and a safe, speedy return to the "Land of the Free".

Wayne

Edited by Innkeepers 2008-04-17 10:44 AM
Lone Ranger
Posted 2008-04-17 11:45 AM (#8652 - in reply to #8649)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
Thanks for all the good words, folks.  I appreciate it.  Actually I have it really easy where I am - my son, on the other hand, is flying helicopters in a remote area in Afghanistan.  His living conditions are much more primitive and he gets shot at; I don't.  (By the way, he is a Victory rider too - he has a Vegas 8-Ball.
Breaker
Posted 2008-04-17 3:41 PM (#8665 - in reply to #8234)

Iron Butt

Western WA
Then thank both of you for your service Lone Ranger.
graybeard
Posted 2008-04-17 3:42 PM (#8666 - in reply to #8234)

Cruiser

NW Illinois
God Bless both of you, and all our troops
vavision
Posted 2008-04-17 4:20 PM (#8672 - in reply to #8234)

Puddle Jumper

Prince George County Va
Lone Ranger, thanks to you and your family, I know it's tough, been there literally. I was at Ali Al Saleem Kuwait during the summer of 2001, June - Aug, time fly's. Not a drop of rain the entire time and HOT, HOT, HOT. And those wonderful tents...... conditions weren't that great then. Keep safe.

The bike and trailer look very good. Think I also will get one when available
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2008-05-15 10:29 PM (#10324 - in reply to #8672)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Word has it that Bushtec is ready to begin full production in June.
BillyTheKidd
Posted 2008-05-18 11:13 PM (#10469 - in reply to #10324)

Cruiser

Denver
Just got an email from Mr. Preston and he indicated the the hitch is in production and will be shipping withing 4 weeks if not sooner. Pre-Production price is $479 for ball applications and $579 for Bushtec applications. He mentions some other options like a concealed wiring package and trailer side pigtail for non Bushtec trailers. He said to call and they would be happy to help with the order.

I have a Pakit Rak that I used on my wing and just emailed them the see if their adapter for the Bushtec verticl hitch (1800) could possibly work with the Vision. If anyone is interested I will let you know.

Willy
Long_Will
Posted 2008-05-22 8:10 AM (#10716 - in reply to #8583)

Puddle Jumper

Quincy Massachusetts
Nice, thanks for volunteering your bike for this development effort.
Lone Ranger
Posted 2008-06-06 1:47 AM (#11481 - in reply to #8234)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA
Here's the latest from Bushtec as of today:

I am currently in Lake George, NY working the Americade Rally through the weekend and will return to the office next week. We have started to ship the first batch of 10 trailer hitches for the Vision this week which were all sold out and have started on a second batch of 25 units. Interest has been good and my webmaster is working on a listing on the website for the Vision hitch- I have spoken to several people here at the rally about the hitch as well. The final design has come out very clean and is exceptionally strong.
etspastimes
Posted 2008-06-06 9:05 AM (#11493 - in reply to #11481)

Tourer

Salisbury, NC
Could you please send me info on that hitch. Thanks, ET
Lone Ranger
Posted 2008-06-06 9:55 AM (#11498 - in reply to #11493)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

I don't have all the information on it yet.  Bushtec used my bike to develop the prototype for it, but I haven't seen it yet because my bike is at their headquarters in Tennessee and I'm in Kuwait for a year. 

It is a vertical receiver hitch with the receiver hidden between the back tire and the fender.  When you aren't towing, you can take the tongue out and it is unseen.  Bushtec's website is www.bushtec.com and I have been working with Andrew Preston, the company's COO.  His e-mail address is bushtec2@comcast.net .  Their contact information is:

Bushtec Mfg. & Sales, Inc.

P.O. Box 459 * 180 Mt. Paran Rd.

Jacksboro, TN  37757-0459

(423) 562-9900 * (423) 562-9911 Fax

Edited by Lone Ranger 2008-06-06 9:56 AM
etspastimes
Posted 2008-06-06 5:21 PM (#11510 - in reply to #8234)

Tourer

Salisbury, NC
Thank you loneranger. ET
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™