You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

HELP
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

visionman
Posted 2008-04-11 1:05 PM (#8225)
Subject: HELP

Puddle Jumper

Does anybody know how to load mp3 files on to a garmin zumo 550. I downloaded my play list from winamp but it won't load on to my garmin. I was told I needed a mp3 converter? Anybody know what I'm doing wrong or have any suggestions. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
VICTORYTCRIDER
Posted 2008-04-11 7:22 PM (#8258 - in reply to #8225)
Subject: Re: HELP

Cruiser

Capitol Region of NH
I am not that familiar with the Garmin, but from other experiences with Mp3 players, you should be able to load you songs onto an SD card and the put the SD card into the Garmin and listen away. To load onto the SD card you will need a separate SD card reader/writer for your computer that you can put the SD card into and it will show up like an additional drive on the "My Computer" icon. I have a card reader that fits into the PCMCIA slot on my laptop. Hope this helps.
chitowntom03
Posted 2008-04-11 7:56 PM (#8261 - in reply to #8225)
Subject: RE: HELP

Cruiser

i got a 4 gig sd card placed in the slot plugged the cable into the zumo
and the other in the usb hub or slot in the computer. load the music you want and then
go to my computer see if the unit is being read and drag and drop in the zumo folder .
i think it say the f drive . if i can do it you can i am not the computer guy at all, but it worked i have lots of music stored. hope it helps, tom d
Newfie
Posted 2008-04-12 1:21 AM (#8277 - in reply to #8225)
Subject: RE: HELP

Cruiser

Edmonton, AB
VisonMan...I was using an IPod when I first picked up the bike, but when I installed my Zumo 550 GPS I purchased a 4GB SD card, used the WinAmp soft ware to load it with tunes and set up several play lists for my favorite tunes. It works very similar to the Ipod and I-Tunes software, When you have the WinAmp software running, import your songs, make any changes to the playlists, connect the Zumo and the Sync the Zumo Mem card.

The song titles are displayed on the Zumo instead of on the Vision dash display and the skip forward/backwards buttons are on the Zumo touch screen as well. You can still control the volume/mute from the handlebar controls.

One of the nicest things about this set-up is that if you are riding along with the Zumo tunes playing and there is a voice direction from the Zumo, it will automatically pause the music, give the direction over the bikes speakers and then the music starts playing again.

Hope this helps.
visionman
Posted 2008-04-14 4:14 PM (#8438 - in reply to #8225)
Subject: Re: HELP

Puddle Jumper

Thanks for your help guys I finally got it to work by putting the sd card into the zumo and connecting the zumo to the computer then downloading into the zumo. it wouldn't work using a sd card adapter to the computer then putting the sd card into the zumo the files were on the card but the zumo wouldn't read them.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™