You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Radio Controls
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

alberts46
Posted 2008-04-10 5:14 PM (#8196)
Subject: Radio Controls

Cruiser

Bonita Springs, FL
I am hoping the update from Victory will correct an issue I am having. In addition to the IPOD and CB problem here is what happens. When I hit the volume minus button on the left hand handle bar controls to lower the volume, about 50% of the time it changes the station if I am listening to the radio. I thought my fingers where to big and I was accidentally hitting the minus on the tuning button, but today I found it happens when I do hit the minus on the volume button. Has anyone else noticed this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Travelin Man
Posted 2008-04-10 6:38 PM (#8198 - in reply to #8196)
Subject: RE: Radio Controls

Iron Butt

Interesting, I just picked up my Vision Tour this last Saturday, put about 230 miles on it and I noticed it doing the same thing (changing radio station when adjusting volume down), first I thought it was my gloves, then took the gloves off and found out it still happened even with bare hands. The switch pods are pretty thin, I'm wondering if some wire is getting pinched when pressed, I've also noticed that when I try to tune to a lower station the audio mode sometimes changes.

I talked to my dealer and he said that all issues will be addressed at the 500 mile service, which is good because my left saddlebag cover needs to be adjusted in about 5/16ths of and inch, which was kindly pointed out to me when I visited my Honda dealer on Sunday.

bobbybhb
Posted 2008-04-10 6:50 PM (#8199 - in reply to #8196)
Subject: Re: Radio Controls

Cruiser

CALGARY ALBERTA
DITTO HERE TOO. I WAS TRYING WITHMY GLOVES ON AND THEN TRIED IT IN THE GARAGE WITH BARE HANDS. HHMMMNNN BB
mike s
Posted 2008-04-10 9:14 PM (#8202 - in reply to #8196)

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
I had my switch cluster changed out a few weeks ago for the same issue...
alberts46
Posted 2008-04-10 11:00 PM (#8208 - in reply to #8196)

Cruiser

Bonita Springs, FL
Mike:

Did that solve the problem? Also, did you have any updates for the CB communication system?
teamcook
Posted 2008-04-14 7:22 PM (#8456 - in reply to #8196)
Subject: RE: Radio Controls

Puddle Jumper

Leander, TX
I noticed the same thing - had the dealer (Napalm Motorsports - Austin) check it out, and they said that the switch pod is basically a resistor pack - when you push the bottom left switch, for volume down, on mine, a cable tie in there was pushing on the wire bundle - they removed it, and it's better, but not fixed completely. I'll have them address it at the 500 mile... Noticed that it's better if you use a light touch - if you press firmly, it gets a little squirrely.
mkj022
Posted 2008-05-20 10:33 PM (#10652 - in reply to #8196)

Puddle Jumper

manitoba canada
i am having this problem as well ,just wondering what the fix is ,does a new switch fix it .
firehawk
Posted 2008-05-21 9:19 AM (#10663 - in reply to #8196)

Cruiser

College Station, Tx
I hope someone find a viable fix for this soon... it is driving me nuts when I hit mute the source on the radio changes...gerr
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™