You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Stage One from the get go?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

NastySplinter
Posted 2008-04-10 8:03 AM (#8179)
Subject: Stage One from the get go?

Puddle Jumper

Strongsville, Ohio
I am receiving conflicting stories from two dealers pertaining to the installation of these pipes. One say to wait the 500 mile check up and another dealer says to put them on from the get go. Is there going to be any problems if the pipes on on from the beginning?

Victory tech support (contacted via email) says to check with the dealer.

I'll value your response.

New Premium to be delivered to me in three weeks, unless ma nature wants to throw one last snow dusting out.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
SongFan
Posted 2008-04-10 11:49 AM (#8184 - in reply to #8179)
Subject: RE: Stage One from the get go?

Visionary

Memphis

I waited until the 500 mile check-up but that was because the re-map software wasn't available until then. I don't think it makes a big difference one way or the other.

Getting it done right off the bat will only delay your riding time when the bike comes in. If you wait until the 500 mile check-up, the bike will be down anyway so you haven't lost any time. It is a major pain to change out those pipes so the 500 miles will give you some time to identify any other problems that may pop up that they can take care of while the bike is apart. It will also let you hear and feel the difference between stock and S1/L1.

Do I think you'll get burned by getting it done right away? No. Personally, I'd wait. It will be a very quick 500 miles, trust me.

samlee
Posted 2008-04-10 12:34 PM (#8185 - in reply to #8179)

Puddle Jumper

I negotiated the Stage 1 level 1 kit as part of the OTD price...I have had no problems...I do believe the MAP to be a bit lean as I get some poping when downshifting.

samlee
Posted 2008-04-10 12:34 PM (#8186 - in reply to #8179)

Puddle Jumper

I negotiated the Stage 1 level 1 kit as part of the OTD price...I have had no problems...I do believe the MAP to be a bit lean as I get some poping when downshifting.

NastySplinter
Posted 2008-04-10 5:55 PM (#8197 - in reply to #8179)
Subject: Re: Stage One from the get go?

Puddle Jumper

Strongsville, Ohio
Has the dealer been able able to correct the popping sounds for you? Or is this just one of the downfalls of putting the kit on from the beginning?

Thanks for the earlier responses
Banjo
Posted 2008-04-10 7:23 PM (#8200 - in reply to #8179)

Tourer

Thats why I'm gonna leave it stock.........
ez chair
Posted 2008-04-10 9:23 PM (#8204 - in reply to #8179)

Cruiser

Maine
Just installed Stage 1 level 2 at 600miles. Great sound! Great performance! After 25 miles, I had back popped maybe 5-6 times. seems to have stopped doing it of maybe only at mid warm up.
samlee
Posted 2008-04-14 5:22 PM (#8442 - in reply to #8197)

Puddle Jumper

Dealer said some popping is the norm...popping is not excessive just a bit annoying...

Does anyone have link on the Ness mufflers that are suppose to fit the Vision. Went to the Ness online store and could find no reference

thanks

2008 Vision - Black
North Alabama
BarryBennett
Posted 2008-06-20 12:30 AM (#12123 - in reply to #8442)

Cruiser

Columbia,MO
My dealer has a Ness book with a Vision section in it. Has pipes, downloads, filters, and chrome pieces that I had never seen before. The book is white and contains all the Victory models not just the Vision. I think it is a dealer book which means you have to order through the dealer only. I will find out more info and get back to you.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™