You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cleaning Throttle Bodies
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

VisionTex
Posted 2008-04-03 12:15 PM (#7784)
Subject: Cleaning Throttle Bodies

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Having owned an 04 Kingpin, I had to clean the throttle bodies on that bike at around 4-5 thousand miles. Otherwise it would idle very poorly. So with that in mind I did a cleaning on the Vision Tuesday night, not for any special reason, just wanted to see how much carbon was in that area.
This involves the removal of the center console (this has been covered on other posts) and the ~6"x4" plate on the top of the frame under the console. I removed nine (9) 10mm bolts that hold the plate and electrical clamps and stuff to get that out of the way, not hard, to lift the plate. Then lifted the plate that exposes the butterflys on the throttle bodies and you can see the inside of the frame, neat, there is a lot of air volume after the filter. I used extra long cotton tips and alcohol and swabbed around just below the butterflys. After 4500 miles really wasn't much, turned the cotton black, but not as bad as the KP would get. My wife held the throttle wide open while I did the cleaning, worked out good. Any, probably will look at them again around 10000 miles.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mike s
Posted 2008-04-03 4:07 PM (#7798 - in reply to #7784)
Subject: Re: Cleaning Throttle Bodies

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
I doubt the cleaning will need to be accomplished near as often as the other bikes simply because of where the crankcase breather attaches to the "intake". On the other bikes, the crankcase breather hose attaches to the airbox right at the throttlebody opening. This allows for the bulk of misted oil to dump almost directly into the throttlebody.

With the Vision, the breather hose attaches to the "airbox" underneath the seat, behind the aluminum wrap-around panels. Since the intake air should have a greater pressure than the breather air, less misted oil should make it to the throttlebody, thereby requiring less cleaning.

After 7,000 miles, mine runs fine and idles fine. I'll check it when I open that panel up to replcae it with Lloydz filter, but until then I'm not gonna bother with it...

Edited by mike s 2008-04-03 4:09 PM
VisionTex
Posted 2008-04-03 4:34 PM (#7801 - in reply to #7798)
Subject: Re: Cleaning Throttle Bodies

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Mike, when you get the Lloydz filter in place, let us know if it raises the cockpit noise at crusing speed and when you accelerate, thanks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™