You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Brake light issues
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Chandler Tom
Posted 2008-03-27 11:23 PM (#7444)
Subject: Brake light issues

Cruiser

Chandler, AZ
Anybody have any issues with the brake light staying on??? I have tried to push up the level with my boot to ensure that I was not riding it however the light stays on ( not all the time...it is intermittent)

I have about 2200 miles on the bike and the issue just started. I have yet to take it in to the dealer... Anybody else out there with the same issue??
Thanks
CT
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Crawford
Posted 2008-03-28 12:08 AM (#7450 - in reply to #7444)
Subject: RE: Brake light issues

Tourer

Regina Saskatchewan Canada
I had that problem with my 2000 Kawasaki Nomad. It was the switch on the back brake not retracting back completely. I had to replace the switch. Check the tension adjustment on the back brake switch.
Bearcat
Posted 2008-03-31 12:03 AM (#7603 - in reply to #7444)
Subject: Re: Brake light issues

Cruiser

Prescott Valley, AZ
I have seen this sympton as well when leaving for work while it is still dark. It appears to be the rear brake switch sticking on mine as once I hit the rear brake pedal a time or two the light functions normally. After we all get back from Bike Week I'm in for the 2500 mile service and I'll have them take a look at the switch.

Chandler Tom
Posted 2008-04-01 10:19 PM (#7726 - in reply to #7444)
Subject: Re: Brake light issues

Cruiser

Chandler, AZ
Hey Bearcat...Look forward to meeting you in Prescott for the ride down... We found out what the issue is. It is a sensor switch (flux capacitor?) The swithch is telling the bike the brake is engaged when it is not. This also means that my cruise control is not working. The part is on order and I should have it fixed mid week. Also, so that the brake light isn't always on, they disconnected the brake light for the rear, however the light still goes on when I use the front brake...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™