You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cellphone Ring through speakers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Breaker
Posted 2008-03-23 5:25 PM (#7217)
Subject: Cellphone Ring through speakers

Iron Butt

Western WA
Kind of a strange question, but job duties require the better half to be 'on-call' 24/7 a couple of weeks a month, and she needs to make sure she hears pages/calls.

The vibrate function of the cellphone is very easy to miss while riding.

Does anyone know of a way to get the cellphone to ring through the speakers on the Vision?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
devilboy
Posted 2008-03-23 5:40 PM (#7219 - in reply to #7217)
Subject: RE: Cellphone Ring through speakers

Cruiser

Central Florida
I can make my cell phone ring through the speakers using my garmin GPS 2820. It is bluetooth enabled. otherwise check out J&M for a bluetooth headset that works with your phone.
a decent headset for a motorcycle should run about $200.
GAgirlTrixie
Posted 2008-03-23 9:18 PM (#7222 - in reply to #7217)

Tourer

Savannah, GA -Year round riding!! Yay!
Or the Scala Rider Bluetooth headsets. They have a single Blutooth to patch into Bluetooth devices; aTeam Set, so just the two of you can talk/link to a phone; and the new Q2, which can link up to 3 other Q2 sets and other Bluetooth devices.
PalmBeachRider
Posted 2008-03-23 9:22 PM (#7223 - in reply to #7217)

Cruiser

Florida
I'm using the Cardo Q2 Bluetooth helmet system and it works great. It pairs with your phone and when the phone rings a tune plays in the helmet. It can be answered by pressing a button on the helmet or by just speaking. If you have two of them, they can be used as an intercom and they claim to have a long range. I wrote a bit about it at http://www.gadgetguru.com

The sound quality is good and the callers have told me it sounds good on their side as well...better than a speaker phone. If it's your passenger, she can have the phone nearby, and be able to glance at the Caller ID to see who it is before answering. That's something the driver might not want to do!

PBR
Breaker
Posted 2008-03-23 10:36 PM (#7227 - in reply to #7217)
Subject: Re: Cellphone Ring through speakers

Iron Butt

Western WA
Thanks everyone. Great advice, I think we will probably go with the Scala unit. Sounds like exactly what she needs.
Breaker
Posted 2008-03-27 5:07 PM (#7404 - in reply to #7217)

Iron Butt

Western WA
Well, got the Scala unit and it works great for the phone.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for text messages which is what we really need it for.

Tried 3 different phone brands and all of them will connect and ring for regular phone calls like a charm, but won't give notification for a text message. Not sure if it is with the provider (Verizon) or the Scala unit itself.
GAgirlTrixie
Posted 2008-03-28 9:21 PM (#7490 - in reply to #7404)

Tourer

Savannah, GA -Year round riding!! Yay!
I set my phone to vibrate so that I feel it go off when I get a a call, email or text message. I keep the phone in my breast pocket so I can feel it (seems less affected by vibration from the bike than my pants pocket). I have AT&T and a Blackberry, which seems to work. My previous phone was a Razr, which worked under this set up, too.
Breaker
Posted 2008-03-29 12:07 AM (#7502 - in reply to #7490)

Iron Butt

Western WA
GAgirlTrixie - 2008-03-28 6:21 PM

I set my phone to vibrate so that I feel it go off when I get a a call, email or text message. I keep the phone in my breast pocket so I can feel it (seems less affected by vibration from the bike than my pants pocket). I have AT&T and a Blackberry, which seems to work. My previous phone was a Razr, which worked under this set up, too.

Thanks GAgirlTrixie. I think this is what she is going to do. We will find a way to make it work somehow.

We sure as heck aren't going to sit around the house and NOT ride.
buddahead
Posted 2008-04-07 4:26 AM (#8016 - in reply to #7217)

Cruiser

SF Bay Area
My iphone rings through the system (and speakers).. hard to miss a call when the tunes are playing !
Newfie
Posted 2008-04-07 10:26 AM (#8028 - in reply to #7217)

Cruiser

Edmonton, AB
I pair my cell-phone to my Zumo 550 and my Zumo is connected to the stereo jack in the "glovebox". If there is and incoming call the ring tone from the phone will play on the bikes speakers, overrideing the music from the Zumo, and the Zumo displays

INCOMING CALL FROM
123-456-7890

ANSWER IGNORE

All I have to do is touch ignore and return the call on my next stop. I don't need to be able to answer the call while riding, just know that someone from work/home had called and able to return the call shortly after is sufficient for my needs at this time. Seems to work quite well.

If i needed to be able to answer the call, all it would take is a bluetooth helmet setup to make it work.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™