You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

what kind of oil
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

pollolittle
Posted 2008-04-02 10:20 PM (#7764 - in reply to #6991)
Subject: Re: what kind of oil

Visionary

Brighton, TN
yep
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ScoreBo
Posted 2008-06-23 3:38 PM (#12258 - in reply to #6991)
Subject: RE: what kind of oil

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
You can also get the Shell Rotella T (blue jug) at AutoZone.

I used this in my Kingpin with no clutch problems, but I do feel it shifted too smooth. I also had a harder time finding neutral with it. The bike ran a lot quieter with less scissor sound.

John
Arkainzeye
Posted 2008-07-13 10:29 PM (#13497 - in reply to #7019)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
BlueOx USA - 2008-03-17 2:14 PM

"If I am going the synthetic route might as well go all the way."

Thanks for the chuckle. You do know that Mobil 1 comes from dino oil base? Thank a federal judge for that.
Amsoil and only 2 others are true synthetics. It would be nice to cut back on foreign oil dependency too. At least the semi-synthetic admits to not being true synthetic.

The federal ruling your talking about is not that mobil1 is made from dino oil. its that GroupIII base stock can now be classified as Synth. Thats all the ruling means. And not All mobil1 oils use groupIII base stock. Amsoil does use the higher base stock oil. But in most tests the mobil1 with the lesser basestock But high additive package comes in 2nd place everytime. I have heard more than a few people say that when they used mobil1 and amsoil motorcycle oil, that the amsoil mc oil gave them smoother shifting
Big Vic
Posted 2008-07-15 7:58 PM (#13628 - in reply to #6991)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
I'm currently using Amsoil in my Kingpin and it works great. The Vision will get it when I dump the oil in another 1000 miles. Some have been using 20-50 but Amsoil reccomends 10-40 for Victory. Both will probably work fine but I'm following what Amsoil says is the best match. Filters come from Parts America (Puralator) and are about $6. Total cost of an oil chage is about the same as Victory but I run the bikes to 3500 instead of 2500 miles which saves $ overall.
space_cwboy
Posted 2008-07-19 9:49 AM (#13836 - in reply to #6991)

Cruiser

Evergreen, CO
If you are going to use synthetic oil and extend your change intervals, do yourself a favor and spend a couple of extra $$$ for a high quality oil filter. K&N, Mobil1, Amsoil all make a filter to fit the Vision. Some of their lookup tables do not specifically include the Vision, but it is my understanding that the Vision uses the same oil filter as all other 2008 Victory motorcycles. There are many posts on this forum about oil filters, numbers, preferences, etc. My contribution will be that I use the Amsoil EaO13 oil filter, which you must either order directly from Amsoil, or through an Amsoil dealer. K&N and Mobil1 oil filters are easier to find at Wally World, parts places, etc.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™