You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

New River Gorge Bridge
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Ride ReviewsMessage format

Biscuit
Posted 2010-07-21 6:36 PM (#65012)
Subject: New River Gorge Bridge

Cruiser

Midlothian, Va.

Four of us slipped over to WV this past weekend and the bridge was part of the trip. Also saw two other Visions and a KP.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Biscuit
Posted 2010-07-24 2:58 PM (#65277 - in reply to #65012)
Subject: Re: New River Gorge Bridge

Cruiser

Midlothian, Va.
I was asked to give a little more detail for this trip so here goes. Living in central Va. it's only about 75 miles to get to Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Pkwy but sometimes you need to do something a little different so off we went to ride some of the great roads in WVa. We left Midlothian, Va (home) and traveled out rt 288 until we hit I-64 and turned west towards Staunton, Va for our first stop for fuel and water. We then took rt 250 and headed for Huntonsville, WV where we stopped for lunch. This is where we saw two other Visions going by at different times. We then headed south on US219 until we reached rt 15 and then on to rt 20 at Webster Springs we headed to Summersville for the evening. One of the things about traveling in Wva is lot's of very small towns some without gas or places to get a drink but always great roads to travel. Summersville was great because it was not too large but had plenty of places to stay and eat. Sunday morning we took 19 down to the bridge visit the museum with all the history of the building of the bridge and it even had a nice movie theater (no popcorn) Left and headed back up 19 and turned off to rt60 for the last of the twisties before we hit I-64 in WVa and then on to I-81 north to I-64 east back home. We got rain on rt 250 while still in Va and had to put the suits on to run the twisties but it only lasted about an hour but the roads were still wet for another hour or so. The entire weekend was very hot even in the mountains and my Alaska Leather sheepskin I got Friday saved my butt. The trip was 578 miles (GPS) and we enjoyed foot of it
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™