You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Left Side Bag Binding
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Dirtybubble
Posted 2008-03-11 8:28 AM (#6673)
Subject: Left Side Bag Binding

The Poconos
I know the issue of the left side bag not lining up correctly has been discussed here but I did not find anything about this yet.

My left side bag is binding up against the lower body work on the front of the bag. It sems to have slipped down or something although there is not any slop in it and I can not adjust it up. The bottom front of the bag, about 3 inches back, hits the top of the body. I have to push in on the body to get the bag to open. I noticed it for the first time the other day and had not noticed it before.

Any one else have this issue??
Top of the page Bottom of the page
victory2002
Posted 2008-03-11 9:08 AM (#6674 - in reply to #6673)
Subject: RE: Left Side Bag Binding

Cruiser

Northeast Pennsylvania
Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I see your from the Poconos. Where did you get your bike and when. The bikes I've looked at, you need to give the left bag a little more pressure to close. Blue Ridge Polaris in Wapwallopen seem to have there S#@T together, give them a call. I get my bike from them in May.
pollolittle
Posted 2008-03-11 11:29 AM (#6676 - in reply to #6674)
Subject: Re: Left Side Bag Binding

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Yes, I had this exact problem. There is either a Technical bulletin out on this problem also the description of what Victory has decided to do about it is on this site. Don't know where exactly but, here is what the dealer did about the problem. The wound up putting washers under the bag hinges at the back of the bag, which forces a different alignment to the front. I no longer have the problem, so somehow it adjust it just enough to no longer interfere. I looked all over and even took the screws out of the front part of the bag lid to see if I could adjust it up. No luck. I have thought about going in and wallering out the hinge area to give me some moving room to see If I could line it up a little better. Haven't had the chance yet.
samlee
Posted 2008-03-25 4:59 PM (#7286 - in reply to #6673)

Puddle Jumper

yes I have the same problem on the left...could not find a link to any tech bulletin or info.

my Vic dealer is not responsive
nowor2l8
Posted 2008-03-26 8:25 PM (#7353 - in reply to #6673)

Cruiser

Northwest of you
I adjusted both doors on my side storage and now they work perfectly
samlee
Posted 2008-03-27 7:14 AM (#7381 - in reply to #7353)

Puddle Jumper

may I ask for some detail on how youadjusted the doors?

bolt locations?
did you shim or just move around?

any further detail would be helpful

thanks
Banjo
Posted 2008-04-02 8:31 PM (#7756 - in reply to #6673)

Tourer

I remove a tiny bit of the excess on rubber seal in the case...and it fixed that problem.
nowor2l8
Posted 2008-04-03 12:57 AM (#7774 - in reply to #6673)

Cruiser

Northwest of you

Both my doors were tight. The right more than the left. On the right, I had a hard time pulling it open

because it was so tight.

All I did was to remove the "U" bolt that slides into the locking mechanism and on the left side put one washer behind each end of the

"u" bolt and then reattatched it and on the right did 2 (thin) washers and reattatced the "u" bolt.

Now both doors work perfectly and have exactly the same "clearence" all the way around the storage compartment.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™