You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

500 miles- Update on 09 Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Vision ReviewsMessage format

hottierod
Posted 2010-03-30 12:37 PM (#56068)
Subject: 500 miles- Update on 09 Vision

Tourer

Sturbridge, Mass
Well,

I am approaching 500 mileson my new Vision (09 Street premium w/ trunk added)
and here are some observations.

I previously rode an 02 TC for 7 years.

Seating- sits 2 in lower than the TC- the TC made me feel like I was sitting down on a chair, legs down ( I am 6'2") legs cradled the tank. The Vision seat is 2 in lower an leaves my legs bent just slightly more, also the V design of the seat at the tank forces my legs open jsut a bit more than the TC. More of a re training on my part to firnm up against the tank when making those tight corners.
Seat itslef is very comfortable, longest I have done on the vision so far is 125 miles in one day so far, no seat issues.

Floorboard space makes up for any diff in seat height, I never thought I would want the highway pegs on the vision ( did have thme on the TC), I could stretch my legs out on the Vison with no issues.

Handlebars- I have the stock bars, the reach is fine for me, the angle of the grips are just a little more curved for me, I would like them a little "flatter"

The bike itself does not seem as BIG as it looks, especially under power. the TC was nearly 770# and this one is 100# more, but does not feel or act like it.

Engine- I have not pushed it at all until I get the 500 miles service done. I did put the S1L1 on the bike before I picked it up. Power and sound are great. I do like the 6 speed tranny, very similar to the TC w/ overdrive pulley.

Gas mileage - 1st few tanks so far, avg 42 MPG

Electronics- I did put the Garmin 2720 GPS on the bike- location is fine, however if you use the GPS, it cuts out the radio.

Lighting- I did add the PIAA driving light- brighter is always better. I do admit, that the headlights on this bike are VERY BRIGHT (esp w/ the HID)

MY wife has said that the rear of the bike is well lit.

Handling- This bike feels like it is on a rail on the road, very responsive handling and cornering.

Luggage space- as many have said, the side bags are not that spacious, but I have been able to get enough stuff in. I use thr trunk for my work bag when going to work. I also decided to use the "dead space" where the trunk mounts to the bike (from inside the trunk) to keep a few items that I may never need, but have just in case.

Edited by hottierod 2010-03-30 12:38 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™