You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

The Vision has landed!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Vision ReviewsMessage format

Flyin Hawaiian
Posted 2010-02-24 9:21 PM (#53929)
Subject: The Vision has landed!

Cruiser

I picked up my Ness today!! What a relief. After many sleepless nights and restless days, I finally got to place my paws on this beauty. Other than needing a wash, she arrived in one piece and no visible damage. (whew)

If you're new to this site and or to the Victory line, I'd like to give a quick first impression of this bike. First, let me explain that I've been an HD owner for the past 3 years. I've owned a Fatboy, and then an Ultra Classic. I've researched this bike and read a lot of information about this bike for well over a year now and as soon as I threw a leg over this bike, I knew instantly that this was nowhere near any HD that I've owned. To make it simple I'm just going to bullet point the good and the bad on my first impressions of my Ness Vision. Keep in mind, I am comparing the Vision to my Ultra that I just sold earlier this month.

* Seating is awesome. My legs and arms are always in perfect position. Lots of leg room as reported in many previous posts. I'm 5'5" and some would consider me a little small for this bike, but the Vision accommodates me well. The bad is that I'm not as nearly as flat footed as how I had set up my Ultra. I'm still able to maneuver the Vision well enough to back it up and move around at slow speeds. I'm partial to having a riders back rest. I think it needs one. The Ness seat if fine. Its very comfortable and the stitching does not bother the feel of the seat.
* Slow speed maneuvering. Wow!!! It's one thing to always read about it and see video about it, but to experience it is just amazing. Absolutely no negatives. Due to my short legs, I did not get my foot stuck in the tip overs like many have warned about. The Ultra does not even compare.
* Lean angle. Holy cow!! I could never ever dream of leaning into turns like it did on the Vision with my Ultra! No way no how. Even when I tricked out the Ultra to lower it and supposedly create better balance and control...it's just not the same. The Vision is on another level.
* Suspension. The Vision is smoother. Period. Granted, I had shorter Progressive shocks when I last own my Ultra, but even when I had the stock air shocks from HD, it does not compare to the "stock" ride of the Vision.
* Engine heat. I haven't ridden it all that much to make an accurate assessment yet, but for the 50 or so miles that I did ride, I can't say that it is much hotter than my Ultra. I rode it through traffic as well as freeway. No heat issues to speak of yet. (The sun baked me more than the engine)
* Wind buffeting. The blades' gotta go. Looks cool, but does nothing for the wind. Cee Bailey's will fix that right away. My Ultra was flawless as far as fairing/wind protection.
* Clutch. My Ultra was much smoother. The Vision takes much more pressure to pull and 1st gear engages much later in the release.
* Kick stand. Hard to find. I'll have to get used to it. No problems on the Ultra. The Vision is more of a heel movement compared to my Ultra where I could find it with the toe of my shoe.
* Cruise control. Both flawless.
* Stereo. As good as my Ultra. (Really!)
* Breaking. Both perform flawlessly.
* Exhaust note.....get ready people...NO POPPING!! S1 L1's installed. Absolutely no popping. Dunno, must be the clean air in Hawaii. Who knows? The Ultra has a better exhaust note. Not a huge concern of mine to be loud.
* Fit and finish. This goes to HD. Although their styling is lacking big time, their old school reliable design holds true. Vision- lots of plastic and the rear view mirrors could have been designed better.
* Fun factor. HD misses the mark here. When I rode my Ultra, I always felt like I was working too hard and I always had a feeling of anxiety. Clearly, the Ultra is designed for taller riders. Right out of the box, this Vision is a player. And yes, the cameras came out and the looks, stares, smiles, looks of shock and awe, and a lot of thumbs up!

In closing, I am so pleased and happy about the purchase of my Vision. It literally is the perfect bike for me. I may post another flow up review but for right now, I'm taking a few days off and I'm gonna thoroughly enjoy this machine.
I needed a safety check for the registration process, so I headed to one of the local HD dealerships in town. The entire store basically came out to gawk at it. I'm sure it planted a few seeds, but for some of the hard core wrenches, it didn't impress them. (or so they wanted me to think) Anyhow, that's it for now.

Ride safe everyone!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
GravelFinder
Posted 2010-02-24 9:35 PM (#53930 - in reply to #53929)
Subject: RE: The Vision has landed!

Puddle Jumper

Bellevue, NE
Is yours the first Vison to land over there, so to speak?

May you have many enjoyable and safe miles!

Edited by GravelFinder 2010-02-24 9:36 PM
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2010-02-24 9:47 PM (#53931 - in reply to #53929)
Subject: Re: The Vision has landed!

Fountain Inn, SC United States
..Another Happy Victory Owner!

<thread moved to Vision Review forum>
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™