You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Purchased...but XM/GPS Questions...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

PalmBeachRider
Posted 2008-02-06 9:05 PM (#4967)
Subject: Purchased...but XM/GPS Questions...

Cruiser

Florida
Well, I'm officially a member! I purchased a Vision Tour today and will have it next week. The bike was in stock and the only hold up is the Level 1 exhaust. I have a few questions and hope that someone here can assist:

I will have both the built-in XM Radio and GPS. For the GPS, instead of using the standard Victory-issue Garmin, I went for the newer 2820. It's basically the same unit as Victory is offering...just the current version and adds a few features. (FYI, the Victory branded Garmin model has been discontinued by Garmin). One of the new features of the Garmin 2820 is the ability to use XM Traffic. It's basically an "overlay" of the maps that show the roads on various colors that depict the current traffic conditions. (I wanted the weather overlay as well...but wont' work on this model). My problem is that it may require two separate XM subscriptions...one for the built in XM radio and the other for the Garmin. Unless, the dealer can figure out how to split the satellite antenna to attach to both devices. If he can, then I can activate a single subscription and have music for the built in radio and traffic for the GPS.

Does anyone have any advice I can give to the dealer? He's a great dealer (South Florida), but not too many of his customers is requesting the level of tech I'm seeking. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Also, the Garmin 2820 has built in Bluetooth. While I don't want to be talking on the phone while driving, I do want the ability to be contacted in case of emergency while on a long ride (I have senior folks). I'm wondering if I'm asking for too much trouble to use the Garmin as the Bluetooth "middleman" between my phone and helmet, or if I should just get a helmet with built in Bluetooth to pair with my phone. Any advice?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Also, if you're heading to South Florida...the weather is great! Come on down!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
VisionTex
Posted 2008-02-06 10:21 PM (#4977 - in reply to #4967)
Subject: RE: Purchased...but XM/GPS Questions...

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
PBR, congrats on the new ride. All that electronic stuff, is just icing on the cake. After a while you'll completely forget about that stuff, you won't be able to talk on the BlueT because your grinning from coast to coast. Just ride, you have just bought a lot of grins. "Giddy - up".
PalmBeachRider
Posted 2008-02-06 10:25 PM (#4978 - in reply to #4977)

Cruiser

Florida
Thanks Tex!

I agree, but on long trips, I enjoy listening to the music...even talk radio. It enhances the road experience. I'm a tech guy at heart which is one of the factors that led me to the ViVi. However, the factory and dealer are not too well versed on the electronics on the bike...they are engine guys. In a bike, all I want is dependability...and GADGETS!
VisionTex
Posted 2008-02-06 10:48 PM (#4985 - in reply to #4978)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
PalmBeachRider - 2008-02-06 9:25 PM

all I want is dependability...and GADGETS!

PBR, your on the right track if you want dependability in a motorcycle. I had a 04 Kingpin, never let me down, Victory has it figured out when it comes to a dependable American motorcycle. And hey, nothing falls off of them!!!! Anyway, I'm gald your a gadget type guy, maybe you can help some of us who are ON/OFF button guys.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™