You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Garmin GPS on the Vision
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

sonicbluerider
Posted 2009-12-16 7:34 PM (#49803 - in reply to #48505)
Subject: Re: Garmin GPS on the Vision

Tourer

, IA
no i do have the 2730 its a step up from the 2720 and a step down from the 2820 and i think i'm going with a lifetime gps map download from garmin good for the life of the unit

Edited by sonicbluerider 2009-12-16 7:35 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bret272
Posted 2009-12-19 11:26 AM (#49946 - in reply to #48505)
Subject: RE: Garmin GPS on the Vision

Puddle Jumper

I also run the 2730 which is different from the 2720. The 2730 comes with the XM antenna so I am able to listen XM on it. The Zumo 660 is sexy though..
ridenfun
Posted 2012-09-22 12:37 PM (#124090 - in reply to #48505)
Subject: RE: Garmin GPS ona 2008 Vision- Model#?

Cruiser

Calgary, AB,

Have an '08 Tour, bought used, no GPS manual. It's the one the has the Victory logo on startup, speaks through the speakers automatically etc. A big thick unit with a mounting braket on the center console panel.

Anybody know what model number this is. I don't have satellite(I don't think, although the PO has a small aeriel/receiver ( I think it is) on top of the dash, wired down into the glovebox.

I'm trying to determine if I can get map updates for this as it's 5 yrs old, but don't even know model number.  Wonder if the Vic dealership locations are updated if I could find an update download from Garmin (or Victory?)

Any other suggestions on a new type unit that would still run through the speakers, as i'd like to keep this feature if possible.

Thks for any help/suggestions, I've tried searching but came up only with the above string, which I'm not sure applies to my unit.

ScoreBo
Posted 2012-09-22 2:22 PM (#124096 - in reply to #48505)

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
@ridenfun - if it is a TourTech unit, it is a Garmin 2720. Your only other options with the type of connector you have would be a 2730 or 2820 Garmin StreetPilot (both of which have been discontinued). You might be able to get a newer unit to work, but I am not sure if it is as simple as cradle upgrade or not.

Sign up an account on My Garmin and see if you can buy lifetime maps (I believe you can). You can also download the dealer listing under downloads up top. I think it is old now.

Edited by ScoreBo 2012-09-22 2:35 PM
visionstorm
Posted 2015-05-03 6:53 PM (#172224 - in reply to #48998)

Puddle Jumper

Columbia Co, WI
Turbobuick

When you use your Garmin 2820 bluetooth can you pair it up with a cellular phone and use the headset of the cb/communicator to carry a conversation?
Twowheelzkc
Posted 2015-05-10 10:29 AM (#172356 - in reply to #48505)
Subject: RE: Garmin GPS on the Vision

Puddle Jumper

I found that I plug my cell phone in to the speaker cord in the glove box turn on iHeartRadio listen to it then if I need directions I bring up my google maps, before I venture out, put in my location and have it running in the back ground while I listen to iHeart. When the directions I need come on it fades out iHeart and tells me my directions when to turn, etc then fades back out and iHeart comes back in. Been working great. It all comes through your speak on AUX selection. And weather proof!

This is on a Vision.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™