You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Hawg Wired Amp/Speakers...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

mike s
Posted 2008-02-04 5:08 PM (#4900)
Subject: Hawg Wired Amp/Speakers...

Cruiser

Valdosta, GA
Yup, NESS has them listed in thier catalogs already, but I got to looking and MSRP shown on the Hawg Wired website was significantly less. So I sent them an e-mail...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Hawg Wired, Inc.
Subject: Question For Hawg Wired Online

I recently purchased a 2008 Victory Vision and while it's factory stereo
isn't bad, I would like to improve it's sound quality. Do you currently, or
are you planning to, produce a direct connect Amp/Speaker setup for this
model bike?

Thank you for your time.
Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They were VERY quick to respond...

Hi Mike, in fact we are working on just that; a direct connect harness for
your bike. I couldn't say when something will be released yet, but I just
saw some of those connectors in engineering last week. The other tough part
is finding a clean way to mount the amplifier; Not much room under the audio
system, and not much room in that fairing either!

Sorry I don't have more than that, but check back with us in a month or 2,
and I'll have a better idea of what the plan is. Hope this helps, just say
the word if you have any questions, and thanks for your interest in Hawg
Wired.

Mike

Seems NESS is jump ahead of things just as far as Vic.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Stryker
Posted 2008-07-23 10:49 AM (#14221 - in reply to #4900)
Subject: Re: Hawg Wired Amp/Speakers...

Puddle Jumper

Oviedo, FL
Mike S, thanks for taking the time to investigate some other alternatives beyond J&M. After reading all the entries regarding whether the J&M speakers were making enough difference I thought the jury was still out. However I called Mike Hughes and emailed him also and received this email in return:

Hey Melvin, we do have a 2 channel system designed for the Victory Visions, and it's currently available through Arlen Ness. You can get in touch with them here:

Arlen Ness Enterprises - www.arlenness.com - Dublin, CA - (925) 479-6300

It's based on our DCS1202 amplifier and SX504-60 speakers, but comes with a custom wiring harness and amplifier mounting bracket. It powers and replaces the front fairing speakers. We don't have a 4 channel version for tour pack speakers yet, but maybe someday. We'll also be offering it direct to the public on our web site soon, so check back in the next week or two for updates.

Hope this helps, just say the word if you have any questions, and thanks for your interest in Hawg Wired.

Mike

So, I call Arlen Ness and was advised they would have some units arriving by next week and the cost would be $749.00, Item # V1260 the system would consist of DCS1202 - amplifier 120w, 2x60 and SX504/60w speakers rated at 4ohms. The system comes with instructions on how to mount it. But, the system is not up-gradeable to a 4 channel system if you plan on getting rear speaker or hooking them up to rear speakers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™