You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Two Year Review
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Vision ReviewsMessage format

varyder
Posted 2009-11-14 8:31 AM (#47660)
Subject: Two Year Review

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Two year Vision Review

The Saturday two years ago I picked up my Vision was a very memorable one. As the tech went over the bike I responded with a steady stream of "uh-huh", poised to flip the key and ride away. The test ride just months before convinced me I found "the bike" and I was ready on November 17, 2007 to call it my own. Despite the size of the bike, it was very easy to learn, unlike the smaller Goldwing, which to the day I stopped riding it I was hesitant in some situations. I quickly found that the "limit" for the Vision was 20 more miles per hour on the back roads then Wing. At 70 mph on the Vision is much more stable than 50 mph on the Wing, to me a significant gain. The agility of this machine is also phenomenal and is addictive to a fault.

Having grown accustomed to riding on the GL1200 Wing, the Vision made it much more pleasurable. It puts a hunger in me to ride as much as possible. The Vision has made such an impact that it has become my primary mode of transportation. No longer do things like weather plays in as a factor to whether I will ride or not. Within the first month of ownership, I rode the Vision to Orlando Florida, a 730 plus mile trip. At the one year mark I was returning from a trip from south Texas where I had also crossed the Mexican border to put a notch in the gun belt. Earlier this year I participated in a world-record Iron Butt Saddle-sore ride in the Commonwealth, being among the largest group of an Iron Butt sanctioned ride. I was able to complete 1,036 miles in 15 hours, riding with a Navy Seal on a Harley Soft tail. In later communications with him, he commented that he couldn't sit for a week. I, on the other hand, after riding the Vision for the brutal duration was no worse for the wear.

To love the Vision is to ride it. I don't think saying the Vision is the best ride on the planet is enough. The way any motorcycle rides is subjective to the one that rides it. I just know in my book that the Vision is the best ride on the planet to me. Now that would imply that I have rode every other bike on the planet, but with the Vision that is not necessary. Having rode the Goldwing, I know the Vision is better than how the Goldwing rides, and listening to others who ride BMW's and Harley's I know it rides better than those. While they describe the discomfort of a long ride, I relish in that the Vision is comfortable from start to finish, constantly able ride from fill-up to fill-up, at least a three hour ride. While reviewing any motorcycle, the comfort of the ride is just one merit that is measured, the Vision, the comfort is its shining star. A motorcycle that does not ride well cannot be masked with other creature comforts such as heated seats, grips, radio, gps, storage capacity, etc… No matter how great the gas mileage and how far one can ride on a tank is dwarfed when there is needed rest stops. For me, riding is the focal point and if it does not perform well, then it loses the intended purpose. Even on rides when there is planned stops for sight-seeing and the such, I am always fresh when I get off to visit.

Out of all fairness I will make review of the other creature comforts. I find the stereo to be very adequate, integrated with my iPod Touch, the Weather Channel, communications system and CB. I've had the occasional problem when the weather is rough, and the fact that the bike sits outside 99 percent of the time I think it holds up well. The heated seats and grips are a plus, and the adjustable windshield adds or subtracts from the rider's envelop as needed.

Though many will complain of the bag space, I find this adequate as well. I'm planning on getting a trailer for the wife unit to haul her sundries and also for utility when need to move larger objects. However, alone, I use the Saddleman 4100 in the pillion for trips, both business and pleasure.

I really like the lighting of the Vision, though I want to get maybe the PIAA lights to illuminate the sides of the road when there is oncoming traffic. The high beam and the HID provide a very well lighted road and will cut any darkness.

I take all opportunities to do my own maintenance and find the Vision is an easy subject. I've replaced by drive belt, pull my own tires, do the brakes, pulled the exhaust and replaced the gaskits, all without concern. I've replaced the fork fluid and recently lubed the steering stem bearing, all in my yard, or small stoage shed.

The bottom line is, the Vision is the single most pleasing mode of transportation I have ever purchased. I look forward to many, many more miles and hope to wear this one out before thinking of purchasing another.

(Note: I share the same anniversary day as CoolHandLuke in Florida, November 17th and we even ride the same bike, Midnight Cherry. You'll find some of his adventures in the general forum. Here's to Luke)

Edited by varyder 2009-11-14 8:35 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™