You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

1 year review for the 10th Anniversary Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Vision ReviewsMessage format

gbc141b
Posted 2009-10-22 11:00 AM (#46386)
Subject: 1 year review for the 10th Anniversary Vision

New user

In a nut shell I am forever being impressed by how the bike handles, performs and makes me feel part of the bike itself.

When I first got it I just couldn't take my eyes off it. I have it in my shop when I'm not riding it and have to keep it under the cover otherwise I'm always taking time to just look at it. The bike is just as striking today as the day I saw it on the show room floor almost one year ago.

I've made some modifications to it that I wanted for my personal desires. Lloydz VFC III, Twin Suckers and Big Honkers from Arlen Ness, toe kick protectors, front and rear mud flaps, exhaust system ceramic coating, among other minor mods.

Throughout the year I've learned a little about the limits of the bike. I know you can comfortably lean it over and scrape the floorboards. I wasn't aware that the floorboards would hit before the tip over protectors until that happened. Once I stopped and looked at the geometry of where front tip overs were at compared to the floorboards were I realized why. I can say that it was fairly easy to get the bike to lean that far and it felt like it could further still. BTW I was keeping up with a Yamaha R6 and when we stopped at the next stop sign he motioned for me to pull up beside him. He said he couldn't believe it that I was keeping up with him in the twisties like that. Victory got it right in this department as many have voiced.

The engine is as sound today as it was last year. I'm getting 45 mpg mixed city/hwy and that is impressive. The other V-twin doesn't come close to that from the riders I've talked to. It sounds better with the aftermarket parts and simply loves to have the throttle twisted to the limit without it sounding like you're trying to make it beg for mercy. I've never ridden a V-twin that was so eager to perform. Again Victory hit the bulls eye.

I guess the transmission is one of the things that I will always wish they would improve. That clunking, crashing sound just does not sound healthy although I know it just comes with the territory and the style of the transmission. Without starting another oil thread, I did notice a major difference in the smoothness of shifting and how much more quiet it became after I switched to Amsoil. There were a couple issues with the clutches on some other Visions over the year but mine seems to be holding up just fine.

Tire wear on the bike seems to be minimal. I've got just about 4,000 miles on it and there's plenty of tread left. I know, what have I been doing over the summer. I had the bike knocked over in a parking lot and was rear ended on the interstate. The bike was in the shop for 4 months total. I wasn't able to attend Daytona Bike Week either. Now that was a real bummer!

I have had no glitches with the electrics or accessories, the brakes work great with plenty of pad left.

One down side of the bike is the cost of accessories. I still want to get a trunk rack and some other chrome add ons but right now they're cost prohibitive. I wish there was an option for the driver's back rest and keep the heat. I will most likely get the Utopia backrest over the winter.

Another down side is corporate support. This has been a hotly addressed problem in other forums so I won't go into it again.

I've had ok support from my dealer. The main concern is lack of communication that stems from coporate.

The saddlebags could be a bit larger and easier to access its contents.

The style of the bike is something I fell in love with right when I saw it. Everyone gawks at it when I'm out and about. It's a pleasure to ride and go see the country on. I need to get out on a rode trip with it before the snow/rain flies around here.

Would I buy another one. Not as long as I have this one but I think I will be getting a Cross Roads in 2011 as long as my job holds out. I don't want to put too many miles on the 10th.

I would definitely like to have another rally for 10th owners and attend this time. Until then keep the winds shield hitting bugs and the tires eating up pavement.

Everyone else should feel free to tag along on this thread with their own views.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™