You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

J&M Speakers
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

buddahead
Posted 2008-04-28 1:03 AM (#9275 - in reply to #4224)
Subject: Re: J&M Speakers

Cruiser

SF Bay Area
I just installed a set today (fronts) on my Street, to my ears they sound a little clearer at higher volumes, about the same at mid level, and not as clear at lower volumes... must be the lack of tweeters? All things considered, worth the money IMO.

Ness has a "Hawg Wired" 120 watt amplifier and crossed-over speaker (w/tweeters)upgrade kit for the Vision, P/N V-1260
Nice looking, BMF magnets, co-axial tweeters... but they are gonna cost you $749.95

Top of the page Bottom of the page
TimS
Posted 2008-04-28 1:25 AM (#9278 - in reply to #9275)

Iron Butt

I installed a rear set yesterday and the front set today.  They make a HUGE difference if you have louder pipes on your bike.  The stock speakers were pretty distorted at highway speeds with louder pipes on.  The new J&M's are much more clear at highway speeds.

Also, the Hawg-Wired Amp for the Vision may be a while.  They are still working on it.  Unfortunately, the Vision's radio does not have pre-amp outputs, only speaker level outputs.  If it had pre-amp outputs, there would be a lot of choices for amps.  High level speaker outputs is not the cleanest (noise free) way of hooking up amplifiers, pre-amp outs are the best.  Maybe some hardware guys could tap into the radio and figure out how to run some pre-amp outputs of of the radio.

Tim

g1nomad
Posted 2008-06-22 1:56 PM (#12206 - in reply to #4322)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
devilboy - 2008-01-17 12:04 AM

Front speakers are fairly easy when you know how.
A remove Bezel around speedo with plastic spackle knife to avoid scratching
#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10 & #11

Devilboy, thank you so much for those steps. I am ordering some Polks.
How easy is the rear speaker install? Just remove every bold head you see in the
trunk?

Thank you, Herb
devilboy
Posted 2008-06-22 9:32 PM (#12225 - in reply to #12206)

Cruiser

Central Florida
g1nomad - 2008-06-22 1:56 PM

devilboy - 2008-01-17 12:04 AM

Front speakers are fairly easy when you know how.
A remove Bezel around speedo with plastic spackle knife to avoid scratching
#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10 & #11

Devilboy, thank you so much for those steps. I am ordering some Polks.
How easy is the rear speaker install? Just remove every bold head you see in the
trunk?

Thank you, Herb

Rear is pretty simple... only have to remove 4 allen head bolts(2 left and 2 right)
also the middle pad of backrest has to come out to get at everything. I replaced my speakers while trunk was on floor. It should be MUCH easier attached to bike....
good luck Herb
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™