You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Wiring harness
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

GAgirlTrixie
Posted 2007-12-30 8:30 AM (#3591)
Subject: Wiring harness

Tourer

Savannah, GA -Year round riding!! Yay!

Ok, probably a silly question, but here I go.... I have the Tour Premium, with the factory stereo. I am looking to add the CB and XM units. Is the audio wiring harness already installed with the stereo or do I need to order it, too? (my dealer didn't know the answer to this. Offered to take the bike apart to find out. I'll save that as a last resort....namely, if no one here knows for sure....)

Thanks, y'all!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Viking
Posted 2007-12-30 9:46 AM (#3592 - in reply to #3591)
Subject: RE: Wiring harness

Puddle Jumper

Georgia Girl,

I just installed a CB system on my Vision Tour Premium. You will need to purchase the following:

1) Wire Harness (from Victory)
2) CB Unit (from Victory)
3) Antenna (not sure if it has to be from Victory, but I bought theirs because I liked the looks)
4) Headset (I purchased a higher end unit from J&M. Important to get the correct "lower cord" for compatibility).

I did alot of research on this and found out that at this time that Victory is the only manufacturer that has a compatible system (wire harness and CB unit) for the Vision. The one problem I did run into was the availability of the wire harness. My dealer had to pull some strings to get me one.

Hope this helps

Viking
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-12-30 1:34 PM (#3598 - in reply to #3592)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

Viking - 2007-12-30 8:46 AM  3) Antenna (not sure if it has to be from Victory, but I bought theirs because I liked the looks) 

I think you can use any antenna, but the Victory antenna has a specially designed mounting bracket to fit the bike and the correct length cable.  I'd go with it.

cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-30 1:41 PM (#3600 - in reply to #3591)
Subject: Re: Wiring harness

Visionary

So Cal
The harness is extra. It plugs into the back of the dash panel. It has two cables, one goes to the right saddle bag for the XM module. The other goes to the trunk for CB/CD changer. If you pull the access panel out you should be able to see a two wire black connector ( seat heater ) and a grey buss cable with an eight terminal connector. If the grey cable isnt there you'll need the harness.
GAgirlTrixie
Posted 2008-01-01 8:44 AM (#3682 - in reply to #3591)

Tourer

Savannah, GA -Year round riding!! Yay!

Thanks guys! That was WAY more information than my stealer had!!!

varyder
Posted 2008-01-01 8:27 PM (#3696 - in reply to #3591)
Subject: Re: Wiring harness

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
The Victory antenna seems to work very well as far as transmission and reception. The Vision cover has a hole in to accommadate it, also. I've gone the cheap route and just made a hole in a cover from Wal-mart adn saved about $100.00.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™