You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Installed New CB System - Looking for Insight and Tips
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Viking
Posted 2007-12-27 7:47 PM (#3462)
Subject: Installed New CB System - Looking for Insight and Tips

Puddle Jumper

I just installed a new CB system on my Vision Tour Premium (Victory CB System, wiring harness, and antenna. Using recommended J&M headset-sounds great). I have never owned a CB system so I'm a complete newbie. I noticed on a couple of posts that these systems work great after being 'tuned' properly. Can anybody help me understand what and/or how to properly tune my CB system? I have a couple of buddies that I regularly ride with that use Chatterboxes. I was told by a Victory Factory tech that my system will communicate with them. I know that those systems broadcast at a certain frequency, but I don't know if I need to do anything special on my end to "tune them in".

Any HELPFUL thoughts, suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Viking
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-12-27 11:55 PM (#3476 - in reply to #3462)
Subject: RE: Installed New CB System - Looking for Insight and Tips

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

CBs are designed to have a normal range of about 3-4 miles in unobstructed terrain, but many times new CBs need a little tweaking to get maximum performance from them.  Two things that improve performance are adjusting the standing wave ratio (SWR) and having the innards fine-tuned.  Since the CBs on our Visions don't have adjustable SWR controls on the face like many automobile CBs do, it would have to be done at a reputable CB repair shop.  You can often find these near truck stops along the interstate - look for billboards or listen on channel 19, the truckers channel, as you get near truck stops.  Many times these repairmen will make a quick blurb on the air that they are open for business.  Or just get on the air and ask the truckers where a good CB shop is.  They usually know, if they travel that route regularly.

Chatterboxes are FRS radios. FRS radios operate on a range of frequencies from 462.5625 to 467.7125 MHz and CBs operate from 26.965 to 27.405 MHz.  They're not even close. 

Viking
Posted 2007-12-28 9:34 AM (#3479 - in reply to #3476)
Subject: RE: Installed New CB System - Looking for Insight and Tips

Puddle Jumper

Thank you for the useful information. From your comments I take it that I can't communicate with the Chatterboxes (oh well). Have a wonderful and safe New Year
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™