You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Check Eng Light - Voltmeter
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

GericaRM
Posted 2021-06-07 10:19 AM (#193074)
Subject: Check Eng Light - Voltmeter

Puddle Jumper

Hello All

I have a 09 ViVi Tour Premium.... I had electrical issues and after replacing the Voltage Regulator and 40 amp breaker (replaced on Spec) the issues seemed to be solved.

However, now I have noticed that the red check engine light comes on whenever the voltmeter goes high, in the red (approx 16+ v). this of course happens with power on the throttle. I read the previous posts regarding loose battery conections, so this was the first thing that I checked... all was good...

I am wondering if there are any other suggestions that people with this issue have tried...

thanks in advance for your help.

Gerry

Top of the page Bottom of the page
lennyb
Posted 2021-06-10 6:06 AM (#193075 - in reply to #193074)
Subject: Re: Check Eng Light - Voltmeter

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Gerry,

I'm not the best when it comes to electrical issues, but I believe that your system should not be charging that high. The last time I replaced my regulator I used a less expensive aftermarket product. It worked fine for a short time, but then started acting up. I don't recall what the problem was, but after doing some research, primarily by checking the service manual, I found that it actually did not meet the OEM specs. After replacing it with an OEM regulator my problem was resolved.

Good luck brother.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™