You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Windscreen auto retracts when key turned to off
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

cchristo
Posted 2020-06-17 11:41 PM (#193033)
Subject: Windscreen auto retracts when key turned to off

Tourer

san antonio, tx
I'm currently looking for a switched power source for a TPMS I'm installing.

I found a 2 wire plug under the aluminum access panel that isn't hooked up to anything. I tested with a multimeter in ACC and on, and found power. Perfect, or so I thought.

I temporarily hooked up the tpms module and turned the key to off. The windscreen automatically returned to the low position and the TPMS turned off as soon as the windscreen stopped moving.

I turned the key back to ACC and the TPMS did not come on. Same thing when I turned the key to ON.

Strange. I started to raise the windscreen and as soon as I did, the TPMS came on. I lowered the windscreen and the TPMS turned off, as soon as the windscreen hit its lowest position.

Any ideas as to what's going on with this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mokintner
Posted 2020-06-19 11:00 AM (#193034 - in reply to #193033)
Subject: Re: Windscreen auto retracts when key turned to off

Austin, IN United States
Do not use that one. I can not remember what it is for, but do not use that one. The one you want to use is under the access panel in front of the seat. It is in the power outlet cir and is keyed on / off. Most people use it for heated riding gear, I think that is what it is for.
rdbudd
Posted 2020-06-19 12:06 PM (#193035 - in reply to #193034)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
I agree. The one you want is an "L" shaped one with two female slots. It is wired in parallel with the outlet in the glove box, and is switched on an off with the ignition. On my 2008 Vision, it was tucked up under the radio and zip tied to the harness. I used it to provide power for my heated gear, which is the original purpose for it being there.
cchristo
Posted 2020-06-20 11:14 PM (#193037 - in reply to #193033)

Tourer

san antonio, tx
The plug I'm referring to has a black/red and a red/black wire. I tapped only into the black/red and ran a wire to a separate ground. Everything is working as it should now.

I thought about using the plug for the heated gear, but didn't want to run a wire from there. It's a much easier install if all the wiring is isolated to just one part of the bike.

I'd still like to know what that plug is for. I wasn't able to find it on the wiring diagram.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™