You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Belt
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

ridingcowboy
Posted 2019-10-20 9:05 PM (#192951)
Subject: Belt

Cruiser

REXBURG IDAHO
If you have done everything to get the s weak out of your belt and nothing work put some grease on the belt. We fought the belt problem for years on 2008 to 2014 visions grease the belt it works.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
blackpearl
Posted 2019-10-31 6:55 PM (#192953 - in reply to #192951)
Subject: Re: Belt

Puddle Jumper

I also fought that horrible squeak on my 08 Vision. I must have tried at least a dozen times with no luck, using tips found here on this forum. Finally I decided to change the rear sprocket. Adjusted belt after putting on sprocket and lo and behold no belt squeak. This has lasted more than 5 years and never a squeak. This may not solve the problem for everyone but it did the trick for me.
johnnyvision
Posted 2019-11-02 1:46 PM (#192954 - in reply to #192951)

Visionary

I go along with new sprocket.

Putting grease on belt will only shorten its life. If your set on trying something use Paraffin wax you can get at any store and it last and will not pick up dirt like grease
bigwill5150
Posted 2019-11-09 5:09 PM (#192959 - in reply to #192951)

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
Still riding the 08 Vision that had squeal problems from the factory until Polaris warrantied the pulley in 09. I still have the same tube of belt grease that I bought to band-aid fix it originally until they fixed it. In retrospect, the dealership probably greased the belt on it to get it out the door and showed up as my problem later.

Lots of miles, oil changes and upgrades later it's still squeal-free in 2019. The original pulley is hanging in my shop wall. I thought I might have a use for a chunk of aluminium some day but went to chuck it one day and found the inside was eccentric with over 6-thou of runout on my engine lathe. I decided just to hang onto it a little while longer instead of using it as a drive pulley for a shop project.

You're not going to fix pulley runout with belt grease. Whoever was making these for Polaris obviously did some re-tooling to get it right or decided that they were willing to run more secondary processes to fix them.

Had I owned the layout tooling earlier, I would have brought the thing right to the part counter and not left until a new one that spec'd OK was in hand instead of going through the whole rigmarole with Victory.

The guys at Centerville UT that helped me out on it may have my business again as an out of state buyer if their doors are open when I finally toss in the towel. In the end, the good guys were a dealership that seen the problem and did something about it for a guy on the road who didn't even buy the bike from them.

Edited by bigwill5150 2019-11-09 5:22 PM
dr_reloader
Posted 2019-12-22 10:50 PM (#192976 - in reply to #192951)

Tourer

, FL United States
Squeal? I run louder exhaust so I may not be able to hear it...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™