You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision stalled and erratic voltage
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

pollolittle
Posted 2019-07-26 2:28 PM (#192903)
Subject: Vision stalled and erratic voltage

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Voltage fluctuating from 15v down to almost 12. Also stalled on me coming down an off ramp. Pulled clutch in and I hear what sounds like a whoosh/whistle of wind from the motor and it stalls. Fire it back up and seems to idle alright, and the voltage hangs around 14 like normal. Been having some erratic idle also, wondering if maybe the battery has had enough. unknown age of battery, thought I wrote it down, but I didn't.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TommyGun
Posted 2019-07-28 10:45 AM (#192904 - in reply to #192903)
Subject: Re: Vision stalled and erratic voltage

Puddle Jumper

Mossyrock, WA
I would start looking at the battery connections, the battery circuit breaker that is mounted down by the battery and the voltage regulator connectors. They all live down by the water spray off the front tire. The circuit breaker can be purchased at NAPA, just bring your old one to match it up. They can load test your battery also to see how it?s doing.
Bones
Posted 2019-08-20 10:54 PM (#192921 - in reply to #192903)
Subject: Re: Vision stalled and erratic voltage

Puddle Jumper

Rossville, IL
Yep. Check battery connections first and make sure they are tight. Load test battery second. Replace circuit breaker third, the factory one is notorious for failing. Never had any problem with the Napa one. Replace stator/magnet hub with updated part, they are problematic in the ?08?s and ?09?s plus the updated parts hold the voltage rock steady at all rpm. Lastly, replace the rectifier. I?ve had all those parts fail over the years pretty much in that order.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™