You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision / Cross bike interchangeabality
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Mal
Posted 2018-01-02 8:06 AM (#192378)
Subject: Vision / Cross bike interchangeabality

Puddle Jumper

Toronto, ON Canada

So with Victory Vision accessories becoming more and more difficult to find, I notice the cross bike community has enough popularity to develop a really good swap shop on a couple of sites.  

I'm curious about what will fit and what will not... 

Seats will not, front fenders will but attachment for the rear support has to be fabricated. 

I don't know about the x 1, 21 inch front wheel, 

As far as I know most engine components are the same, but exhaust mufflers are not...

- Mal

Top of the page Bottom of the page
rdbudd
Posted 2018-01-02 8:54 AM (#192379 - in reply to #192378)
Subject: RE: Vision / Cross bike interchangeabality

Visionary

Jasper, MO
The Vision comes pretty well equipped. What kind of accessories are you looking for?

The engines are the same. There are lots of muffler options from the aftermarket, not even counting the old tried and true Thrush muffler. The aftermarket has seat restoration and customization already covered.

Ronnie
TommyGun
Posted 2018-03-27 1:34 AM (#192458 - in reply to #192378)
Subject: Re: Vision / Cross bike interchangeabality

Puddle Jumper

Mossyrock, WA
Heated grip kit. My 09 Arlen Ness did not come with heated grips. I purchased a kit for a kingpin/jackpot #2876289. Fits right on! The wiring to the rocker switch is a little long but so what. Worked great.
TommyGun
Posted 2018-03-27 1:42 AM (#192459 - in reply to #192378)

Puddle Jumper

Mossyrock, WA
Exhaust mod with Magnaflows mufflers. There is a YouTube vid of a guy with a CCT slipping in glass packs after cutting the end off his mufflers. Well the Vision's are a 1/16" smaller in the I.D. than the CCT. Had to split mine down the side also to fit the Magnaflows inside. I did a friends CCT after mine and his slide right in. Just a beware if watching internet vids.
johnnyvision
Posted 2018-03-28 11:34 AM (#192460 - in reply to #192378)

Visionary

cross bikes and vision use same belts and brake pads. Exhaust header pipes are the same so is the battery.
No body parts including front fender with out adaptor. No windshield or radio. Yes grips and stock wheels will fit.
Both motors use same oil and oil filter along with drain plug ( get a honda drain plug there better)
Calipers are the same kickstand are the same. Brake lever is came up to 2015 then vic got cheaper and did away with adjustable lever

(drain oil.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments drain oil.jpg (81KB - 2 downloads)
sdvic
Posted 2018-03-28 3:54 PM (#192461 - in reply to #192378)

Cruiser

San Diego, Ca
Why is the Honda plug better?
Mal
Posted 2018-03-29 4:02 PM (#192462 - in reply to #192461)

Puddle Jumper

Toronto, ON Canada

I'm pretty sure they're magnetic

davev1pa
Posted 2018-03-31 11:30 AM (#192464 - in reply to #192378)

Puddle Jumper

On my 08 Vision..I got a Porkchop puck.....an extension and replacement for the kickstand pad...and a magnetic oil drain with a 9/16 head...so much easier then an Allen head.....for mufflers Drew Miller sells Vision slip ons that come in 3 baffle types standard (louder than stock) mid, and non baffled....he charges 400 shipped with a 100 core on return of your stock exhaust...shipping paid.....I'm contemplating purchase now
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™