You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Considering going double dark. some ???
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

eotsis1
Posted 2017-05-29 9:32 PM (#191907)
Subject: Considering going double dark. some ???

Puddle Jumper

, IL United States
Some questions in regards to a rear designated tire in the front position.

question one, I've seen the tire size 140/70/18 as an option to the 130/70/18 original size. Does this matter much, or clearance issues?
?2. How does reversing rotation make a difference than if it were mounted on the rear wheel.
?3. Anyone with tire opinions who has put more than two different rear tires on the front?
4. Is a bias ply a viable option? I mean we've already upset the universe with a CT on a bike so non matching brands aside, I'm not going road racing, although I do enjoy a spirited romping once in a while.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
eotsis1
Posted 2017-06-12 8:14 PM (#191990 - in reply to #191907)
Subject: RE: Considering going double dark. some ???

Puddle Jumper

, IL United States
bought a Pirelli 160/60/18 Angel GT rear tire. Will get it installed sometime in the near future when my schedule allows. Double dark forthcoming...tbc
eotsis1
Posted 2017-06-22 10:15 PM (#192028 - in reply to #191907)
Subject: RE: Considering going double dark. some ???

Puddle Jumper

, IL United States
So I finally got a 'rear' tire on the front now. Pirelli Angel GT 160/70/18.
A bear to get it to seat.
Just one commute to work but an interesting change of feel. More change than the car tire in the back was.
In the turns, the more you lean, at a certain point it wants to lean for you. Weird, but can get used to it once it becomes normal. Probably has to do with the tread radius or perhaps the width change.
It's got more rubber on the contact patch for sure. Over an inch wider than stock.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™