You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Witchdoctor LED's
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

jefflee1
Posted 2017-05-21 8:38 PM (#191867)
Subject: Witchdoctor LED's

Puddle Jumper

Willington , CT
I have a 2011 vision, one of my lights is out. I see Witchdoctors has a LED replacement for the Vision. Has anyone tried these ?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
92cmark
Posted 2017-05-22 10:27 AM (#191871 - in reply to #191867)
Subject: Re: Witchdoctor LED's

Puddle Jumper

yes got front and rear.GREAT easy to be seen. adjustable. It takes time to install but worth it. You will need equalizer
jefflee1
Posted 2017-05-22 12:11 PM (#191872 - in reply to #191867)

Puddle Jumper

Willington , CT
Mark

Are you talking about bulbs for the headlights or signal lights? I am looking for info on the headlight replacement bulbs from Witchdoctor
X-Magna
Posted 2017-05-24 8:41 AM (#191878 - in reply to #191867)

Puddle Jumper

Birmingham, AL United States
Are your talking about the H4 Headlight Bulbs? I bought two from victoryonly.com (http://www.victoryonly.com/product/super-white-h4-headlamp-bulb/)
to replace my yellowed headlights on my 11 vision. They make a big difference.
92cmark
Posted 2017-05-25 5:38 PM (#191886 - in reply to #191867)

Puddle Jumper

SORRY TURN SIGNALS. THERE ARE SO MANY CHOICES FOR H-4
I BOUGHT PIAA XTREME WHITE PLUS 60/55 THEY ARE ANTI-VIBATION
92cmark
Posted 2017-05-25 5:41 PM (#191887 - in reply to #191867)

Puddle Jumper

IF YOU ARE TALKING TURN SIG BULBS I WENT LED TOOK OUT ALL BULBS AND REPLACED WITH LED BOARDS
jefflee1
Posted 2017-05-29 1:39 PM (#191902 - in reply to #191867)

Puddle Jumper

Willington , CT
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear enough.
One of my high beams on my headlights went out. I was thinking about replacing them with Witchdoctors Cree h4 replacement bulbs # 10-106.
I was looking to see if anyone had any experance with theses.

Thanks
dkelly
Posted 2017-06-02 3:27 AM (#191935 - in reply to #191867)

Puddle Jumper

Bump. I'm curious also. I want to know if there will be a heat issue when using LEDs.
Davet
Posted 2017-06-02 9:29 AM (#191941 - in reply to #191867)

Puddle Jumper

Sacramento, CA United States
Guys,
the fact that the Crees need a fan is a 2 fold problem...

1) Do the LEDs get that HOT? So hot, they require a built-in fan to operate normally? That's jut one more item to go bad during normal operation. So, if a fan fails (unbeknownst to you) will the hot LED melt the plastic-foil-wrapped-$400+ deflector? Also, to put yourself in such a position--will you spend $120 rather than $14 for standard H4 bulbs?

2) Installation will be a bear! There's VERY little room in the headlight cavity to begin with, add to that the longer LED stem, and I think vibration could become a new problem (where presently it is not).

Although, I'm curious also as to this set-up works. In my experience, LEDs are great for being seen (turn-signals, side marker lights,....) but, as a headlight they leave something to be desired. Any, any, LED I've seen that works as a headlight has added optics (a magnifying glass lens). Even with those optics the LEDs don't stack up to a GOOD halogen! This LED sold by WD is only a replacement lighting (system) without added optics. It's like adding HID to your bike without installing the required projection system.

I'm leery (as you can tell) and I'm just saying there's more to this question than just replacing the headlights bulbs. Just because it's available doesn't make it practical. This, coming from 33 yr.s of electrical work (including all manner of lighting and controls) and 28 yr.s on bikes (including attending bike shows and riding 'round the country).

Cheers... 'ope it works for ya!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™