You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Need someone to compare test results.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Derks
Posted 2017-02-23 8:15 PM (#191543)
Subject: Need someone to compare test results.

Puddle Jumper

Bloomfield, NJ United States
I am working on a new harness to allow the trunk lights to used as turn signals and brake lights. I finally got the harness done and installed and I noticed something strange with the way the emergency flashers on the trunk were acting. I noticed that my left relays does not active when the emergency flashers are on, but if I activate my right turn signal it does.

I then undone my new harness and reconnected the original. I placed my hands on the two relays mounted on the inside right wall of the bike near the drive belt. I turned on one turn signal and then the other. Both relays active when they are suppose to; this can be felt. Now I turned on the emergency flashers and I noticed that only one relays activate.

What I'm asking someone to do, so I can compare and don't worry that I broke something, is for someone to remove their seat and place their hand on the relays. Repeat what I did, check each turn to see if each relay turns on. Then turn on the emergency flasher and see if one or both relays turn on.

Could someone please try this and let me know?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ljurgens
Posted 2017-02-24 11:23 AM (#191546 - in reply to #191543)
Subject: Re: Need someone to compare test results.

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States
I can do it this weekend, I'll let you know what I find. Relays are under the seat?
Derks
Posted 2017-02-24 11:35 AM (#191547 - in reply to #191546)

Puddle Jumper

When you remove the seat, It's between the chassis and the outer wall (the gap is about 4 inches wide) on the right side of the bike, just above the front drive pulley. There is a black extrusion sticking out just above the pair. No need to start the engine, just turn the ignition to on and flick the kill switch to the position that allows you to start the bike (DON'T START IT, NOT NECESSARY). They are black with their wires facing down.
Warning. Be careful with the 2 bolts that hold down the seat. The chassis is aluminum and it can strip. Mine came from the factory stripped. Whoever installed the part put the bolt in on an angle and stopped half way in.
If you have any problems finding it let me know. Ill keep checking this board to see if there is anything I can help you with.
ljurgens
Posted 2017-02-24 11:39 AM (#191548 - in reply to #191543)

Tourer

Sounds good, I've tapped into my wiring in there for my LED's in the trunk gap. Just didn't know exactly where the relays were located.
Derks
Posted 2017-02-24 11:45 AM (#191549 - in reply to #191543)

Puddle Jumper

Watch the screws for the lights and the trunk housing. I had a bad trunk lid and when they replaced it they stripped most of my screws for my lights, including my new rear center light. I'm replacing the screws with cut down hanger bolts. Now I can use nuts to hold the lights in place without disturbing the plastic.
I'm adding that strip next, but I am going to power it off the existing wiring in the trunk lid.
davev1pa
Posted 2017-02-24 1:59 PM (#191551 - in reply to #191543)

Puddle Jumper

Are you guys using a kit?
Derks
Posted 2017-02-24 3:28 PM (#191553 - in reply to #191543)

Puddle Jumper

No. I am designing my own harness and PCB's. Trying not to cut any wires. I am using exact replacement connectors and laying out and wrapping my own wires.

I am in the process of designing a smaller relay module. Using the standard auto/motorcycle relay modules take up too much room. My module is about a little bigger than one of the auto relays.

Edited by Derks 2017-02-24 3:31 PM
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-02-25 5:38 PM (#191556 - in reply to #191543)

Visionary

I though Kuryakan had one for the vision
ljurgens
Posted 2017-02-26 10:41 AM (#191562 - in reply to #191543)

Tourer

Derks, I have a 13 Vision. I see the relays there on the inside of the frame. When I activate either left or right signal or the flashers I don't get any feeling in those relays, nothing. I don't hear anything there either, I do hear the clicking of a relay up under the center console somewhere though. Sounds like it might be on the left side of the console but I'm not sure. Not what you wanted to hear I know, but those are my findings. Are you sure those are the flasher circuit relays? Could they be up front somewhere, maybe under the front panel?
Derks
Posted 2017-02-26 3:51 PM (#191564 - in reply to #191562)

Puddle Jumper

Actually those are the relays that shut off the center lights in the tail. The clicking you hear is probably the actual flasher unit. Did you have the power on (not auxilary) and the kill switch to the position that allows the bike to start?
ljurgens
Posted 2017-02-26 4:37 PM (#191565 - in reply to #191543)

Tourer

Yes, key on and kill switch on. Blinkers and/or flashers on and there was no sound or any feeling from the two relays on the frame under the seat, right side.
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-02-27 6:36 PM (#191566 - in reply to #191543)

Visionary

http://www.vision-riders.com/files/Kuryakin4710VisionInstall.pdf
Derks
Posted 2017-03-09 11:40 AM (#191603 - in reply to #191566)

Puddle Jumper

ljurgens thank you for your help. I have designed a relay module that takes care of the way the Vision controls the relays when the emergency flashers are activated. I'm just waiting for the parts to come in.
Derks
Posted 2017-03-15 12:01 PM (#191636 - in reply to #191603)

Puddle Jumper

ljurgens it just hit me. Did you cut the wires (G and H) on the connector under the front the of the seat on the right side?
They control the relays I was asking you to test.
ljurgens
Posted 2017-03-15 12:58 PM (#191637 - in reply to #191543)

Tourer

I didn't cut them, but I did pull the one wire out to add in the second set of lights for the brakes based on the radioteacher mod!

-Lance

Edited by ljurgens 2017-03-15 12:59 PM
Chopperbob
Posted 2017-06-24 7:43 PM (#192030 - in reply to #191603)

New user

, DE United States
Derks - 2017-03-09 12:40 PM

ljurgens thank you for your help. I have designed a relay module that takes care of the way the Vision controls the relays when the emergency flashers are activated. I'm just waiting for the parts to come in.

So, how did your project turn out? Any video of the signals in action?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™