You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Rear Shock Advice
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

southjerseyrider
Posted 2016-10-16 4:20 PM (#189393)
Subject: Rear Shock Advice

Tourer

Vineland, NJ United States

I have 35,000 miles on my 2008 VV, about half of that two up and many trips pulling unigo trailer.  The rear shock has become very harsh when hitting even small bumps, I run air pressures from the manual.  It used to be fine, but recently getting some very hard hits.  I am confused because the shock holds air pressure and I don't notice any oil leaks??  Do they wear out?  

I was looking at OEM parts replacement an I notice there is a new part number for the rearshock, Does anyone know what the new part number improved on?  Any comments or advice appreciated 

Shock, KYB, Air
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-10-16 6:26 PM (#189397 - in reply to #189393)
Subject: Re: Rear Shock Advice

Visionary

I guess they can wear out not sure. How much air in tire. How much air do you put in shock. Before I would buy a shock from dealer I would loon on ebay or look at rusty johne custom he has take offs. Maybe its not the shock but your seat is getting worn out. How many miles on the bike
10 2010 all vision and cross country use the same shock. The vision rear frame has been the same from 09 to 17. Am guessing any year shock would work.
You have a pivot shaft and bearing that the shock bolts to that could be bad or bearings are worn out. numbers 1 threw 4

http://parts.polarisind.com/Assemblies.asp

BumbleDB
Posted 2016-10-16 8:28 PM (#189398 - in reply to #189393)

Cruiser

Exact same thing happened to mine at 60K miles. I replaced the shock, disassembled and lubed the rocker, and due to a seal leak rebuilt the front forks all at the same time.
Swing arm was tight ( no play ) and bearings felt good.

Man what a difference.... after the suspension work the bike rode great.. and still does at ~85K miles.

My old shock held air and did not leak oil, but the ride had gotten to suck... harsh like you describe.

BTW: mine is a 2013.

Edited by BumbleDB 2016-10-16 8:29 PM
gt2
Posted 2016-10-17 6:05 AM (#189408 - in reply to #189393)
Subject: RE: Rear Shock Advice

Puddle Jumper

i have 2010 vision 8 ball 33000 miles incurred a lot of damage to bags etc. from a bad shock that held air did not leak oil. shop at first though it was fine . replaced shock changed fork oil like a new bike these shocks are not cheap 500 plus from dealer. also the part numbers will change just let dealer get you correct one
lennyb
Posted 2016-10-22 7:47 AM (#189480 - in reply to #189393)
Subject: RE: Rear Shock Advice

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Experiencing same issue with 69K on my 08. Shock looks fine and holds pressure, but something has changed. Tire rubs trailer hitch when I hit any significant bump in the roadway which I never had an issue with in the past. Because my load constantly changes (1 up, 2 up, trailer, no trailer) I want to retain air shock if that is what needs to be replaced. Looking for correct numbers/best option.
el spanky
Posted 2016-10-22 8:15 PM (#189490 - in reply to #189393)

Cruiser

Victoria Tx, TX United States
I went to Triaxxion thru buywitchdoctor,com No oil leak so I gave up adding air 4x a day. 1 thing I did not check.. The inlet valve after the swap I heard they can go bad.
southjerseyrider
Posted 2016-11-03 2:04 PM (#189647 - in reply to #189393)

Tourer

Vineland, NJ United States
Thanks for all the advice guys. I decided to take it to the Vic dealer for a replacement rear shock. While installing they called me and said the pivot rocker, roller bearings, etc. were also bad. They replaced shock and surrounding assembly and bike rides completely different and much better. Hopefully I can get another 35,000 out of this shock assembly.
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-11-05 6:40 PM (#189674 - in reply to #189393)

Visionary

southjerseyrider
that is a factory failure on Victorys part. I have read were guys have drilled a hole in the rocker and add a zerk fitting. Twice a year they give it a shot of grease.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™