You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

stock radio
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

bob5219
Posted 2016-10-11 8:16 AM (#189339)
Subject: stock radio

Cruiser

does anyone know what the wattage output on the stock radio is?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
V92SC
Posted 2016-10-11 9:07 PM (#189353 - in reply to #189339)
Subject: Re: stock radio

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
25 watts per channel, times 2 channels, ie front and rear.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-10-12 8:50 AM (#189360 - in reply to #189339)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I thought it was 20 watts PEAK.
randymann64
Posted 2016-10-14 1:25 PM (#189378 - in reply to #189339)

Puddle Jumper

Charleston, SC United States
The stock radio with CB in my 2009 Vision worked well for 6 years, most of which was in a northern climate. This year (2016) Charleston South Carolina has had the hottest summer on record with 90+ days of 90+ degree days. I have seen as high as 117 degrees on my temperature readout. Suddenly I lost the receive function of my CB, then I lost one channel of the stereo FM, then the AM, then the handlebar control pod quit working. After replacing the control pod and the headset jack with no success, we finally determined that the radio component (head) was bad. I bought a used radio head from a scrap yard in Indiana and installed it, then everything worked perfectly. After two more weeks of 90+ temperatures, it died also. Finally I shipped my original radio back to Radio Sound who sent me an exchange and now everything works perfectly again. For anyone who rides in high temperatures, I strongly recommend that you shut off your radio until you hit a cooler area. Those N-Touch radios are apparently vulnerable to damage in sustained high temperatures. Putting a sensitive electronic instrument atop a big air cooled V twin was a bad idea to start with. Radio Sound is great to deal with but the whole radio replacement thing is a pain in the ass to be avoided if possible.
Bashcars
Posted 2016-10-14 3:29 PM (#189380 - in reply to #189339)

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
I live in Houston, TX and have a '13 VV. I ride all summer with my radio on, and have had no problems. I also have the Vic CB installed; however, I only have it on during group rides.
8_Ball_Budzo
Posted 2016-11-01 12:24 PM (#189628 - in reply to #189380)

Puddle Jumper

Blackfalds, AB Canada
Hey guys. If you are still on this thread?? I bought a stock Vision radio for my 8 Ball. And I'm looking for some assistance in the installation. Now, with the 8 Ball version. The tank console, does NOT have the cut outs. But, I did purchase the part that the radio sits in, underneath the console. No, the question is. Is it just as easy as take out the 8 Ball version of the holder, install the new one, set in the radio and hook up the wires???

Has anyone done this?? I have tried looking in this forum and so far I haven't found anyone to help.
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2016-11-01 7:57 PM (#189635 - in reply to #189628)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
As I remember correctly, there's the center console as well as an inner console under it. The inner one is what the radio attaches to. Then the inner console is bolted to the bike frame. The decorative console sits over it. They all are easy to remove to get at the area that the radio sits. There's a variety of screws (different sizes) you need to remove to get at things.

All Visions come prewired for the radio in the wiring loom, including wires to the speaker areas. The speakers, hex bolts & rubber pressure nuts (that hold front spkrs), and the front speaker baffles (odd shaped hard plastic enclosures in dash) are not present on 8ball models and must be purchased but not required - see below)*. You may also have to buy the antenna wire that sticks to the front valance (boomerang shaped sheet metal above headlight) with double stick tape.

Aside from the missing parts I believe the radio is plug & play.

*I found the odd shaped speaker baffles induce a pronounced "hump" in the upper midrange frequencies. To remedy this, I replaced them with foam speaker baffles available on Amazon, and better speakers (for me, Polk DB521's). This provided much clearer & louder sound. Many on this site have replaced the OEM speaker for better clarity and freq. response. Do a search on speaker on this forum for many threads on the subject.

Good Luck!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™