You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Does the 02 sensors of a DynoJet AutoTune fit the OE O2 sensor ports of my 2016 Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Derks
Posted 2016-09-20 12:59 PM (#188981)
Subject: Does the 02 sensors of a DynoJet AutoTune fit the OE O2 sensor ports of my 2016 Vision

Puddle Jumper

Bloomfield, NJ United States
I'm looking to upgrade my 2016 Vision with the Power Commander V and the AutoTune AT-300.
I'm concerned with the new O2 sensors that come with the AutoTune.
Will they fit the ports that the manufactures O2 sensors are in? The O2 sensors that come with the AutoTune are 18mm x 1.5 threaded.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jimbo62
Posted 2016-09-20 5:28 PM (#188983 - in reply to #188981)
Subject: Re: Does the 02 sensors of a DynoJet AutoTune fit the OE O2 sensor ports of my 2016 Vision

Cruiser

Moncks Corner, SC United States
I was not aware that O2 sensors came with the PCV. I have the Lloyds VFCIII on my 2011, and I have the sensors removed and the ports plugged.
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-09-20 6:20 PM (#188984 - in reply to #188981)
Subject: Re: Does the 02 sensors of a DynoJet AutoTune fit the OE O2 sensor ports of my 2016 Vision

Visionary

I believe the auto tune comes with 02's and I'm sure they will fit just fine
okie vision
Posted 2016-09-21 6:38 AM (#188991 - in reply to #188981)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
Exact fit
Derks
Posted 2016-09-21 9:33 AM (#188995 - in reply to #188984)

Puddle Jumper

Has anyone installed the PCB and AutoTune on their Vision?
Was it difficult?
If you had problems, what were they and how did you solve it?
Is it worth $200 to have a dealer install it?
Derks
Posted 2016-09-21 9:37 AM (#188996 - in reply to #188984)

Puddle Jumper

Repost: Sorry Typo

Has anyone installed the PCV and AutoTune on their Vision?
Was it difficult?
If you had problems, what were they and how did you solve it?
Is it worth $200 to have a dealer install it?
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-09-21 1:29 PM (#189002 - in reply to #188981)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I installed a pcv and at-300 at least 4 times now on a vision.
It's not hard . I just did one last week in about 25-35mins.

Derks
Posted 2016-09-22 9:23 AM (#189019 - in reply to #189002)

Puddle Jumper

Any problems with the Visions computer, when you took out the original O2 sensors?
Bones
Posted 2016-11-23 12:01 AM (#190065 - in reply to #188981)

Puddle Jumper

Rossville, IL
No problems with the Visions computer, it defaults to a failsafe program for the fuel curves.

The biggest problem is getting the old O2 sensors out. The more miles you have on the bike, the harder it is. It's difficult to get a wrench on them with the angle and get any leverage to turn them. I usually round them off.

It seems like more work, but the easiest way I found to remove them is to take the exhaust clear off the bike. I clamp the O2 sensor in a vice then grab the pipe on both sides and turn. I've yet to have one fail to come out that way. While I'm at it, I file the end of the pipe where it goes in to the head to remove the burrs, then use Lloyds soft exhaust gaskets when putting it back together. The Visions are notorious for leaking at the head and causing popping and backfiring and that's a cheap fix.

Most everyone says to turn off the Autotune off once you have it dialed in and have accepted the trims a few times. They argue that it won't adjust on the fly and that the O2 sensors quickly go bad causing the bike to run bad. I found the exact opposite to be true and I have spoken to the tech's at Dynojet. If you leave the Autotune turned on, it does continue to trim...you can see it in the trim tables while running. I've not had any longevity issues with my O2 sensors either and have no intentions of turning the Autotune off.

Some guys play around with the A/F ratios and lean them up a bit trying to get better fuel mileage. I tried that but found the motor runs quite a bit hotter, especially running around town. For the small extra gain, it wasn't worth it to me and put my A/F's back to the factory settings. I would need to go out and get my laptop to check, but I've also turned them off at idle and the next rpm level up...a tip I learned from Lloyd. I also fattened the fuel up a bit at idle and it runs much cooler around town sitting at stop lights.
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-11-23 5:37 PM (#190072 - in reply to #188981)

Visionary

Will fit just fine.
If you can get a dyno tune you'll be better off then getting auto tune
Davet
Posted 2017-02-06 12:47 AM (#191454 - in reply to #188981)
Subject: RE: Does the 02 sensors of a DynoJet AutoTune fit the OE O2 sensor ports of my 2016 Vision

Puddle Jumper

Sacramento, CA United States
To be sure, I used: Dynojet's AT-300 Fuel Injection Module (AutoTune) and Dynojet's (19-006) Power Commander V Fuel Injection Module on '14, VV, a month ago and it all fit FINE! I put the PCV behind the right rear panel (as shown in the instructions) and the AutoTune module under the panel on top by the seat behind the glove-box and gas access panels.

Removing the original injector connectors from the engine heads is probably the hardest part of the job. I used a curved pair of hemostats and a plastic body part remover (from Harbor Freight) to remove the connectors. I'm still looking to Dyno it though. I've read so many articles advocating Dyno-tuning even after the above modifications.

I suppose to check if the Tuner knows his stuff ask 'em for before and after charts. Then ask how he'll tune with AutoTune installed. If he says he's going to load some maps that he's found useful/developed over time for your make and model (and that's ALL he's going to do) then head for the hills. If he says he'll disconnect the AutoTune module, dyno your bike, load the corrected maps into your PCV then, reconnect the AutoTune. Then, he knows what he's doing.

Here's a link from Lloyd'z (the Vic guru back east) talking 'bout Tuners 'n Operators...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gakz3I59GGk

G' luck buddy.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™