You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Valve core extensions
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Gray rider
Posted 2008-12-17 9:43 AM (#25182)
Subject: Valve core extensions

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
I'm sure most of you have found that checking the air pressure in our tires is a bear to do. Does anyone know where to buy 90 degree valve core extenders?

TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bikertrash666
Posted 2008-12-17 2:13 PM (#25194 - in reply to #25182)
Subject: Re: Valve core extensions

Cruiser

Gray Rider
Be carefull on what you put on the valve stems. I know from experience that they will cause a valve stem problems.
I had a front one go on me at 60mph.
Bob
rlreed
Posted 2008-12-17 3:43 PM (#25197 - in reply to #25182)

Cruiser

Tavares, Fl
Like on my other bikes, when I put a set of tires on the Vision I'm going to have new 90 degree valve stems put on aimed back at a 45 degree angle. I already have the valve stem caps that show when the pressure drops below 35 lbs...That way I only have to look down to see if they're low.....
Gray rider
Posted 2008-12-17 6:41 PM (#25208 - in reply to #25182)
Subject: RE: Valve core extensions

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
I had a set of those caps that glow red when the tire pressure is below ten percent of the normal pressure. One day I went outside and one of the tires was flat. I took them off and no more problems.
Teach
Posted 2008-12-17 10:12 PM (#25222 - in reply to #25182)

Visionary

Don't use stem extenders on a MC, they are extremely dangerous. I've replaced tough to get to valve stems at tire change with the 45 degree metal stems aimed to the rear.
This said I have a Harley SHORT straight style tire pressure gage and it works like a champ. Now for ease of access: tip your vision over on the tip-overs and it becomes very easy.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™