You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

New brake pad question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Daveg53
Posted 2016-04-01 6:29 PM (#181756)
Subject: New brake pad question

Puddle Jumper

Vacaville, CA United States
I just installed new front/rear brake pads on my 2013 Vic Vision. All went well on the front, but when doing the rear caliper, I took the brake pads out and during the reinstall, the small clip at the lower end of the caliper somehow fell out of the caliper. I tried to get it back in and at some point it got jammed and I had to bend it badly to get it back out of the caliper. I went ahead and installed the pads and the spring clip on the upper end and my brakes seem to be operating normally. What, if any, hazard am I letting myself in for by not having the small clip on the bottom of the caliper?

Daveg53
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-04-01 7:01 PM (#181757 - in reply to #181756)
Subject: Re: New brake pad question

Visionary

both of the metal spring apply pressure and hold pads in place. You need them
go to dealer and ask service if they might have one. Other wise I'm under the bleaf if you order pads they come with the metal springs
MO Vic does not sell just them.
Daveg53
Posted 2016-04-01 7:30 PM (#181760 - in reply to #181756)
Subject: Re: New brake pad question

Puddle Jumper

Vacaville, CA United States
The bottom clip seems to be more of a "keeper". There's no spring load associated with it. The upper clip does keep a spring loaded tension on the pads and doesn't seem diminished with the lower. Clip missing
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™