You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

I0000 Miles
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Codfather
Posted 2008-11-18 12:56 PM (#23499)
Subject: I0000 Miles

Cruiser

Can anyone tell me if they needed to change barrings in the steering at 10000 miles. I had new tires put on and there telling me that the vib is barrings, not the tires. Can anyone shed some light on this. Bruce
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rmclarty
Posted 2008-11-18 5:56 PM (#23527 - in reply to #23499)
Subject: Re: I0000 Miles

Cruiser

Sugar Land, TX (Outside of Houston)
Heck - if it is covered under warranty, let them change them. At least you will know for sure and not be out of pocket later when warranty runs out.
VisionTex
Posted 2008-11-18 6:32 PM (#23528 - in reply to #23499)
Subject: RE: I0000 Miles

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
The test in the service manual is very simple for testing the steering head bearings and front wheel bearings.
1. Secure the motorcycle with the front wheel elevated.
2. Turn handle bars from full left to full right and inspect for smooth free movement. Should be smooth movement all the way through the turn.
3. Point front wheel straight ahead, graps the fork tubes and pull/push fork tubes back and forth. No movement should be detected.
4. If steering binds, feels rough or uneven or if movement is detected at the steering stem, then adjust or replace the bearings.
5. While you have it up........ in the air. Rotate the front wheel for smooth rotation of the front bearings. If roughness or unusual sounds are present, you need to replace the wheel bearings. There maybe disc brake pad noise when you do this, so be aware of that.
6. Turn the handle bars full right or left and hold against the fork stop. Attempt to move the front wheel side to side. If movement is observed, inspect the front axle, wheel, and bearing.
Not sure where your vibrations is coming from. But hope this helps in solving the problem.
Your dealer is suppose to do this inspection on every 2500 mile service if you take it to the dealer. Also, the steering head bearings according to the service manual is to be lubricated every 15000 miles.

Hope this helps.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™