You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Electrical Issue
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

GericaRM
Posted 2016-03-17 10:18 PM (#179314)
Subject: Electrical Issue

Puddle Jumper

Hello All

Just when I thought I had my electrical issue with my fog lights figured out, there is another issue. I replaced the relay within my PIAA fog lights and it immediately blew again. I put a meter on the fog light harness where the relay came out of, and found 15.56 v with the HID light off and 19.25v with the HID light on. Obviously I am picking up voltage frome somewhere... now the hunt begins...

Has anyone had an issue like this? Any thoughts where to start looking?

I am going to review the wire diagrams again and start spark chasing until I find the short...

thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page
mike721
Posted 2016-03-18 6:18 AM (#179315 - in reply to #179314)
Subject: Re: Electrical Issue

Puddle Jumper

I'm very new to Victory but just using my basic knowledge from other bikes I would say that something's wrong with your regulator or stator..something basic, because you should never be seeing those voltages, they are both too high. I assume this was at idle too, it probably gets worse at higher rpms. Probably much worse..what does the voltmeter on your dash show when your riding?
I think I'd start with the regulator, most likely the stator is fine if you have too much voltage... and now this is where my inexperience with Victory and Visions will be showing, I don't even know where it is on our bikes or how to test it.

GericaRM
Posted 2016-03-19 4:05 PM (#179338 - in reply to #179314)

Puddle Jumper

I ran a diode check, per the shop book, and did not get any of the readings that I should have. Which means that the regulator/rectifier is pooched or it has been much to long since I used a multimeter. However, since I have to send away for a replacement and the cost of the replacement is $251 plus delivery, I am trying to see if there are any other indicators that the regulator/rectifier is the issue for sure?
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-03-19 6:01 PM (#179341 - in reply to #179314)

Visionary

when bike running look at volt gauge. At idle it should be 12.2v at 2500 rpm it should be at 14.2v
if meter is fluctuating it could be battery. Charge battery over night and have it load tested
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™