You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Garmin 2820
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

visondreamer
Posted 2008-10-26 8:47 PM (#21672)
Subject: Garmin 2820

New user

I don't own a Vision but I have been seriously considering one. I have a quation to you more knowledgeable folks. Does teh Garmin unit you by from Victory contain some sort of special wiring harness to connect to the Vision that buying a normal Garmin 2820 would not have inthe box? I was thinking that if I bought a Vision and wanted to put the Garmin unit on you can pick a much better deal on a 2820 in the after market rather than buy the unit from the dealer.

Also I already own a Zumo 550, I saw the tech article on mounting the Zumo but I would like to also hook up the audio portion to the speaker system to the Vision how hard is this to do if I decide to go this route instead?

Thanks for all you help in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
GRZ
Posted 2008-10-26 11:19 PM (#21677 - in reply to #21672)
Subject: Re: Garmin 2820

Cruiser

Ma.
When you purchase the Victory mount for the Garmin it comes with all the necessary cables. I used the Zumo on my vision last year and although it works great as far as I know there is no way to get the sound through the speakers. I purchased a separate mounting base so that it would stay charged and used the blue tooth through my helmet. If you go the Garmin route I suggest you look at the 2720. You can get one on ebay for about $150 and since it plays through the speakers there is no need for the bluetooth. That is what I did this year.

Good Luck..... Gary
ejwunder
Posted 2008-11-04 7:43 PM (#22477 - in reply to #21672)
Subject: RE: Garmin 2820

Puddle Jumper

Rockaway, NJ
The Anniversary model comes with the 2820 and works great. The wiring is the same for the 2720. The Victory Mount comes with the wiring needed. If you own the 2820 the just buy the mount as it will have everything you need. I researched this before buying the 10th Anniversary with the 2820 preinstalled.
rodog
Posted 2008-11-04 9:10 PM (#22483 - in reply to #21672)
Subject: Re: Garmin 2820

Cruiser

Shelby Twp. MI
I agree with the 2720 statement i just purchased my 09 vision over a month ago....and thanksto hear researched and the 2720 is just fine..I purchased mine here for 168 new...... http://www.pcrush.com/product/Automobile-Navigators/85174/Garmin-St...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™