You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

New Windshield
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Wizard523
Posted 2008-10-20 1:00 PM (#21177)
Subject: New Windshield

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
I just installed the Lee Bailey windshield this weekend and I love it. The optics are great, and there is absolutely no distortion at the top edge of the windshield. Installation took about 20 minutes (including taking it off and reinstalling it because I forgot the rubber spacers the first time around), and was very easy.

I replaced the Victory tall windshield with the 22 inch from Lee Bailey (I'm 6'-4" and the Vic didn't quite cut it....the top of the windshield in the full up position was right in the middle of my line of sight). The Lee Baily windshield is about 2 1/4 inches taller than the Vic (perfect for me), and about 2 1/2 inches wider on each side (total additional width about 5 inches). And yes, it does fit perfectly in the full down position. The improvement in both optics and wind protection is really noticeable, even to my back seater.

I do have one question to others who have installed this windshield. I noticed that while the windshield is extremely well made, the holes didn't line up as well as I would have hoped. It wasn't a problem to install, but I am a bit concerned at the possibility of over-stressing the plex. Anyone have this happen, and has it been a problem?

Otherwise, I would highly recommend this if you are looking for better optics and more wind protection.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lotzafun
Posted 2008-10-20 1:36 PM (#21180 - in reply to #21177)
Subject: Re: New Windshield

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL
Any pictures???

Did you go with clear or tinted?

Any chance you plan on selling the Vic tall shield?
ruttrow
Posted 2008-10-20 2:32 PM (#21187 - in reply to #21177)

Cruiser

Illinois
I just installed a Cee Baileys as well. No comparison as far as optics go, Cee B has 0 distortion. Holes on mine seem to line up OK.
Wizard523
Posted 2008-10-20 4:38 PM (#21198 - in reply to #21177)

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
I'll try to get some pictures posted later this week. I went with the clear so I could operate at night (it was also returnable, where the tinted windshields aren't).

Hadn't thought about selling the tall shield, but that's a possibility. I will probably ride with this one for a bit first, but if it works out, I will likely not need the tall Vic anymore. If you're interested, you might want to check back with me in a couple of weeks.
vic2004-08
Posted 2008-10-20 5:03 PM (#21200 - in reply to #21177)

Cruiser

Lusby,Md
Wher can you get this?
Wizard523
Posted 2008-10-20 5:07 PM (#21201 - in reply to #21177)

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
http://www.ceebaileys.com/victory/index.html

Others have said it takes 2 or 3 weeks to get, but I ordered mine Oct. 13th, and it arrived Oct. 17th. Probably takes longer for tinted. These guys specialize in aircraft windshields, which likely explains the great quality.
sonicbluerider
Posted 2008-10-20 5:23 PM (#21203 - in reply to #21177)

Tourer

, IA
it makes no freaking since to have to replace a windshield my god i can not believe there has not been a recall on the dam things unless of course u want a wider one but it seem all anyone talks about is the distortion and that would be the only reason to replace and new bike wind screen
Wizard523
Posted 2008-10-20 5:47 PM (#21206 - in reply to #21177)

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
I can't speak for others, but in my case I originally did it to get a taller windshield since the Vic "tall" was not tall enough for me. The great optics and additional width was just a bonus. Personally, if it had not been for needing the additional height, I would likely not have bought the new one, but now that it is on the bike, I am glad I did, and not just because of the height.
ruttrow
Posted 2008-10-21 7:10 AM (#21247 - in reply to #21203)

Cruiser

Illinois
sonicbluerider - 2008-10-20 5:23 PM

it makes no freaking since to have to replace a windshield my god i can not believe there has not been a recall on the dam things unless of course u want a wider one but it seem all anyone talks about is the distortion and that would be the only reason to replace and new bike wind screen

In my case with the stock screen all the way down the top edge was right in my line of vision. I was looking right thru the top edge of the shield. When I raised it I did not like looking thru it, I bought the Cee Baileys 14" and for me when all the way down I look over the top, all the way up I get some protection and looking thru it is not an issue. Zero distortion.
exharleyrider
Posted 2008-10-21 6:50 PM (#21288 - in reply to #21177)

Cruiser

create your own recall like i did. make the dealer look through it and ask him if he/she wants to ride with that. when the new one comes in check it before they install it. i can't believe victory sends them out that way still. definitely a safety issue. where is nhtsa on this one??
jama
Posted 2008-10-21 8:39 PM (#21293 - in reply to #21177)

Cruiser

Arkansas
Victory doesn't install the shields; just packs them in with the rest of the bike on the crate. I'm sure they are covered in protective plastic, so they would not really ever have to look through it. Out of sight, out of mind. No excuse because it's not really a secret that the majority of their shields are C#@p! But I can see how it escaped them at first.
sonicbluerider
Posted 2008-10-22 9:05 AM (#21325 - in reply to #21177)

Tourer

, IA
does anyone know if a complaint has been filed with nhtsa
Rebel
Posted 2008-10-22 10:20 AM (#21330 - in reply to #21177)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Hey, Wiz, I'm about the same height. How is the new windshield in the down position? Can you see over it and does it allow airflow over/around it for city riding?
Wizard523
Posted 2008-10-22 12:51 PM (#21335 - in reply to #21177)

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
Rebel, I can easily see over the top of the windshield in the full down position, about like my Road King. It still does allow air flow in the down position, but not as much as with the Vic windshield. I have only ridden a bit in city traffic, and with the weather getting cooler, have not so far noticed any problems, but that question still remains to be fully answered. For now, I am really happy with the new windshield, and if summer proves to be a problem with air flow, I'll probably just put the Vic one back on.

I hope this helps.
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2008-10-24 9:50 AM (#21485 - in reply to #21177)
Subject: RE: New Windshield

Iron Butt

, FL United States
Here's pics of my Cee Bailey's 4" taller than stock lightly gray tinted shield.
Rebel
Posted 2008-10-26 10:29 AM (#21636 - in reply to #21177)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
Well, that seals it, then, I think. The new windshield and new iPod are on my list of things to get for spring.
VaParadox
Posted 2008-11-08 11:24 PM (#22898 - in reply to #21177)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Comparing the stock Vision shield with Bailey's am I the only person who feels that the design of the stock looks better with the design of the bike and front fairing? while i agree that better wind coverage and distortion free blah blah blah are awesome, the screen just kinda looks like a huge bubble, not the angular flowing shield that was designed for the bike. Would be interested if others see
that as well or if its just me being too picky. Remembering that beauty is in the eye of the beer holder... perhaps i just need another beer????
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™