You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

CB Without the trunk?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Irishman
Posted 2008-10-15 10:43 PM (#20845)
Subject: CB Without the trunk?

New user

I wonder if there is anywhere to stick the CB if you want to ride with out the trunk in place?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
radioteacher
Posted 2008-10-15 11:11 PM (#20849 - in reply to #20845)
Subject: Re: CB Without the trunk?

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
I do not think that anyone has done this but....one could route the cable that plugs into the CB from the bike into a saddle bag and mount the cb/icom in the saddle bag then......get a license plate mounted antenna. Make sure that you run the wide ground strap from the from the bikes frame to the antenna and the radio.
ElroyJ
Posted 2008-10-16 5:55 PM (#20902 - in reply to #20849)

Tourer

Centennial, CO
radioteacher - 2008-10-15 9:11 PM

I do not think that anyone has done this but....one could route the cable that plugs into the CB from the bike into a saddle bag and mount the cb/icom in the saddle bag then......get a license plate mounted antenna. Make sure that you run the wide ground strap from the from the bikes frame to the antenna and the radio.

I had thought about this option. But I do not want to take away from the space as it is. SO...do you think it would be possible to mount in the front near one of the tanks OR somewhere in the cowling area? How robust is the unit? If it is definitively weather proof, this would be an option.

I had even thought of removing some of the seat pan padding on the pillion and mounting it to the seat pan since I don't have too many riders that I take on rides. The ones that do come along would probably never know the diff.

chahn1
Posted 2008-10-16 6:27 PM (#20907 - in reply to #20902)

Puddle Jumper

Glendale, AZ.
I mounted the CB in the right saddle bag in the upper right hand corner with com. velcro. I ran teh wires thru the upper right hand corner. I mounted a 1' JM antenna on the luggage rack behind the passenger back rest. The plug in for the passenger headset I mounted in the cover panel for the tour pack. The entire set up took about 2 hrs.
vtwin17
Posted 2008-10-17 9:12 PM (#21013 - in reply to #20907)

Cruiser

Northern RI
Charlie, can you post some pics?
radioteacher
Posted 2008-10-18 11:19 PM (#21071 - in reply to #20845)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Great idea for the passenger headset jack!
radioteacher
Posted 2008-10-19 9:14 AM (#21073 - in reply to #20845)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
ElroyJ,

There might be a place in the front to mount it but I am not sure. Be careful, I do not think the unit not the connections are water proof.
ElroyJ
Posted 2008-10-19 7:42 PM (#21109 - in reply to #20907)

Tourer

Centennial, CO
Shoot some pics, PLEASE! I found some areas that I have thought about trying to mount the unit to but I do not feel overly comfy at this point. Your idea may be best.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™