You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Where are the passenger floorboard risers?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Bullhill
Posted 2015-07-06 1:56 PM (#173206)
Subject: Where are the passenger floorboard risers?

Puddle Jumper

First a bit of background, as I am a newbie.

I'd been riding a Kingpin for several years, but recently upgraded to an Arlen Ness Vision. I actually fell in love with a Vegas, but couldn't afford it at that time. Finally I found a used Kingpin I could reach and jumped on it. That Kingpin was the sweetest bike I had owned, including my BMW CLC, but man oh man that Vision. I don't think I could bring myself to throw a leg over anything else. I guess I'm a Vision snob now.

Anyway, when my shorter, prettier half gets on, her legs lay on the hard bags and she can't get good footing on the floorboards, so I've been trying to get her some risers.

I've read all the forums, and I called the local Victory places, but the Victory risers have been discontinued, and they can't get me any. I called Victory of Arizona, but they are out too, and may not get any by next week.

We're taking a vacation out to the Pigeon Forge/Sevierville, TN area the week of July 19th to do some riding, so I'll need them really soon, but I'll be jiggered if I can figure out where to get them.

Anyone got any ideas?

(Vision.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Vision.jpg (99KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
okie vision
Posted 2015-07-07 8:45 AM (#173233 - in reply to #173206)
Subject: Re: Where are the passenger floorboard risers?

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
Welcome to the forum, Congrats on your Vision, and reverse too!!
Maybe someone will chime in that has a set they're not using.
goalkeeper2713
Posted 2015-07-07 11:57 AM (#173235 - in reply to #173206)

Puddle Jumper

My Son got an anti-fatigue mat from harbor frieght. Traced the floorboards on the mat, cut them to shape and glued 3 or 4 together. He attached them to the floor boards with velcro.
Bullhill
Posted 2015-07-07 2:14 PM (#173237 - in reply to #173235)

Puddle Jumper

goalkeeper2713 - 2015-07-07 12:57 PM

My Son got an anti-fatigue mat from harbor frieght. Traced the floorboards on the mat, cut them to shape and glued 3 or 4 together. He attached them to the floor boards with velcro.

That's a better idea than the ones I had. How does it look?
jdr00ejr
Posted 2015-07-08 11:17 AM (#173249 - in reply to #173206)

Cruiser

Indianapolis, IN United States
I didn't make these, someone on FB did. He gave them to me for the cost of shipping when his son outgrew them. Basically, he took some wood, layered it together, put diamond plate style rubber mat on top - all glued together and cut to the exact shape of the floorboard. 2 strips of velcro on both floorboards hold them on. I'm very happy with the loop and my son is very happy with the extra inches.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7rfc4zer0jt5kln/2015-05-26%2007.55.45.jpg?...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xuv3incwh9o3kcf/2015-05-26%2007.55.28.jpg?...
Haze_Gray
Posted 2015-07-09 8:01 AM (#173262 - in reply to #173206)

Cruiser

Virginia Beach, VA
Just make sure that whatever you raise up the floorboard with, that the floorboard when in the up position is not binding with the saddlebag cover when it's opened. The risers that Victory used to have took the boards up as far as possible without interfering with the saddlebag doors. My wife is about 5'5" tall and the extenders are just right.
jdr00ejr
Posted 2015-07-09 9:39 AM (#173266 - in reply to #173262)

Cruiser

Indianapolis, IN United States
Haze_Gray - 2015-07-09 9:01 AM

Just make sure that whatever you raise up the floorboard with, that the floorboard when in the up position is not binding with the saddlebag cover when it's opened. The risers that Victory used to have took the boards up as far as possible without interfering with the saddlebag doors. My wife is about 5'5" tall and the extenders are just right.

Totally agree! With my wood risers being velcroed on - down everything is happy - I can open the bags no problem. Up, I take the wood off before raising the boards. They fit nicely in the hole beneath the trunk. When the wife rides, they hang out there. When the kid rides, I dig them out and put them on. Takes me 30 seconds.
Bullhill
Posted 2015-07-10 1:33 AM (#173287 - in reply to #173237)

Puddle Jumper

Thanks for the tips. I'd still love to have a relocation kit or the risers, but I guess I'll work something out for the time being.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-07-10 8:25 AM (#173294 - in reply to #173206)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Those risers weren't all that big. I had them. If the passenger is just barely able to touch the boards, then it's good. But if they are many inches away ..it won't solve the issue. In my 11 vision my girlfriend wishes the floorboards went out futher.. (almost like forward controls) she said the positioning of them now hurts her knees
Bullhill
Posted 2015-07-10 9:10 PM (#173302 - in reply to #173294)

Puddle Jumper

Arkainzeye - 2015-07-10 9:25 AM

Those risers weren't all that big. I had them. If the passenger is just barely able to touch the boards, then it's good. But if they are many inches away ..it won't solve the issue. In my 11 vision my girlfriend wishes the floorboards went out futher.. (almost like forward controls) she said the positioning of them now hurts her knees

So, you think I'd be better off putting together a "platform" in the end, anyway?
Bullhill
Posted 2015-07-12 12:36 AM (#173316 - in reply to #173302)

Puddle Jumper

Not that anyone asked, but I think I'm going to go with some parts from Kuryakyn.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/3880/premium-ribbed-floorboards
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/3951/2-offset-for-passenger-board-...
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/1597/tapered-adapters

Anyone have any experience with them or these parts I should know about?

Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-07-12 2:57 PM (#173321 - in reply to #173206)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
hey BULLHILL.. those links, are those products for the victory Vision ??

Edited by Arkainzeye 2015-07-12 2:57 PM
Bullhill
Posted 2015-07-13 9:04 PM (#173426 - in reply to #173321)

Puddle Jumper

They should be. I'll let you know for sure when they come in. Actually, I have the Arlen Ness, so they may or not be the same as the parts for the Tour.

You can select the bike you have on the site, then they present the parts that fit. The main picture that comes up may not be the specific part, but when you put your bike in, the part that drops into your shopping cart is the correct version for your bike.

Actually, I think the splined adapter was sold out, so I had to get another one from a different site. (I think it was directcycleparts.com?) Should have shopped around a little more first, because I found the same parts for less at other sites, but I was in a hurry and running out of time.

Edited by Bullhill 2015-07-13 9:06 PM
firelttim
Posted 2015-07-14 5:08 PM (#173443 - in reply to #173206)

Puddle Jumper

Layton, UT United States
Tri-City Performance in Centerville, Utah has a set of Victory Passenger floorboard raiser's on the wall. Give them a call. http://www.tricityperformance.com/index.htm or (801) 298-8081. If they don't have em anymore, try the world's largest victory dealer, Motorcycles of Manchester in Foxborough, Mass.

I hope this helps you and your prettier half.
Bullhill
Posted 2015-07-14 7:30 PM (#173466 - in reply to #173443)

Puddle Jumper

Wow! Exactly what I needed. Thanks.

Didn't work out calling them, though. I called as soon as I saw your post, and the guy said I needed to talk to Nick, but he was with a customer. I told him I'd call back in 10 mins, and he said that'd be fine.

When I called 12 minutes later, I got their "sorry, we're closed" message. Ugh.

MOMs was closed, too, but I think I already called them in my search before. They'll be worth calling if TriCity doesn't pan out.

I guess I'll call back tomorrow and see if they can ship them to me express. I'm worried it's too late to try to ship them UPS ground to get them to me by Saturday. I may end up not needing them, anyway if my Kuryakyn solution works out, but I think I'd like to try both solutions to see which I like better, anyway.

I'll post pictures of each when I try them so everyone can compare for themselves.

Thanks again for the tips!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™