You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

A little help? '14 Vision with Lloyds Air filter, Big Honkers and a Ness Big Shot 2 fuel controller
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

davismac
Posted 2015-06-06 9:32 AM (#172691)
Subject: A little help? '14 Vision with Lloyds Air filter, Big Honkers and a Ness Big Shot 2 fuel controller

New user

Hi All,
I searched the site and could not find an answer - sorry if it has already been discussed!
I am hoping to get a little help here as ArlenNess.com has not been at all helpful.
Does anyone run this same setup? If so, I am hoping to find the optimal fuel controller settings
as my bike seems to be running both hot and rich with the out of the box configuration.
I am also getting quite a bit of backfiring and popping at times.
My setup is:

2014 Vision
Arlen Ness Big Honkers
Lloyds top air filter
Arlen Ness Big Shot 2 fuel controller with O2 sensors from controller (stock unplugged) plugged in.

Thanks for ANY insight~!
Dave

Edited by davismac 2015-06-06 9:45 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rdbudd
Posted 2015-06-06 11:05 AM (#172693 - in reply to #172691)
Subject: RE: A little help? '14 Vision with Lloyds Air filter, Big Honkers and a Ness Big Shot 2 fuel control

Visionary

Jasper, MO
davismac - 2015-06-06 9:32 AM

Hi All,
I searched the site and could not find an answer - sorry if it has already been discussed!
I am hoping to get a little help here as ArlenNess.com has not been at all helpful.
Does anyone run this same setup? If so, I am hoping to find the optimal fuel controller settings
as my bike seems to be running both hot and rich with the out of the box configuration.
I am also getting quite a bit of backfiring and popping at times.
My setup is:

2014 Vision
Arlen Ness Big Honkers
Lloyds top air filter
Arlen Ness Big Shot 2 fuel controller with O2 sensors from controller (stock unplugged) plugged in.

Thanks for ANY insight~!
Dave

Are you saying that the O2 sensors are still plugged in, or they are not plugged in? They must be unplugged in order for ANY fuel controller to work properly.

Ronnie
davismac
Posted 2015-06-06 11:28 AM (#172694 - in reply to #172693)
Subject: RE: A little help? '14 Vision with Lloyds Air filter, Big Honkers and a Ness Big Shot 2 fuel control

New user

the Big Shot 2 harness has plugs for the O2 sensors.
You must disconnect factory plugs and replace with
the ones on the Big Shot harness.
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-06-06 5:56 PM (#172698 - in reply to #172691)
Subject: Re: A little help? '14 Vision with Lloyds Air filter, Big Honkers and a Ness Big Shot 2 fuel control

Visionary

Davi
first off where do you live.
I just read about the big shot and it did not say anything about 02's. Not that they don't come with it.
with air cleaner and pipes you should be running lean. Sounds like your rich. Maybe way to rich
Is there a dyno place where you live
davismac
Posted 2015-06-07 10:15 AM (#172702 - in reply to #172691)
Subject: Re: A little help? '14 Vision with Lloyds Air filter, Big Honkers and a Ness Big Shot 2 fuel control

New user

Hi Johnnyvision,
I live in Alberta, Canada. There is a dyno nearby, but just currently looking for close to correct settings for this configuration...
someone on here surely has the same setup as I do.
My fuel controller is the Ness Big Shot 2, yes - it does have O2 sensor hookups. It is virtually identical (and manufactured by) Dobeck part number 9120280. Install Instructions here: http://www.electronicjetkit.com/instructions/9120280_Orange1A_Victo...
fingers crossed someone will be able to give me some insight, Thanks.
Dave
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-06-07 4:54 PM (#172703 - in reply to #172691)

Visionary

Rylan at The Vic Shop can help you. You would be way better off going to the dyno
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™