You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

one low beam out....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Big Steve
Posted 2015-05-10 7:15 AM (#172354)
Subject: one low beam out....

Puddle Jumper

Cornwall England

As I sit on the bike looking forward.......the (Clutch side) low beam light is out. Hi beam works. I have changed the bulb (bugger of a job) and the low beam is still out. Checked the plug and cable for loose connections but nothing obvious.  I haven't checked to see if the bulb works in the other headlight as it is a real PIA to change headlight bulbs and both the old and new bulbs have the same problem.

Does anyone have an idea before I get down to alot of drastic stripping down. Thanks is advance

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Thomas
Posted 2015-05-10 8:47 AM (#172355 - in reply to #172354)
Subject: RE: one low beam out....

Central Wisconsin

Hey Big Steve,  It's Tom from Wisconsin ... how's it going?

Just by chance pull your headlight switch apart and clean it. The left side low beam appears to have power from the switch side and the right low beam power goes through a headlight relay.  If that don't work test out your old H4 bulb in your old bike that your Son might still have ;-)

Big Steve
Posted 2015-05-16 3:26 AM (#172435 - in reply to #172354)
Subject: Re: one low beam out....

Puddle Jumper

Cornwall England
Tom
Great to hear from you. The Y&W has gone he now has a Yamaha Diversion for comuting to work. The old H4 works as I tested it. I checked the service manual and figured out what you have just posted and I will be doing that this morning. I have been across in Galway Ireland all week so not had any time to fiddle. I have just booked flights into Boston for Aug/Sept so we can ride around New England, even have a CC booked with a VV as backup. Off to the garage. Thanks
Big Steve
Posted 2015-05-16 5:28 AM (#172436 - in reply to #172354)

Puddle Jumper

Cornwall England
So I solved the low beam problem by cleaning the switch as suggested.
Now the hi beam from the same side wont work, it is obviously the switch but I want to go riding as the sun is out and 14 deg C.
I know the problem now so when I have more time I will strip it down.
Thomas
Posted 2015-05-16 8:16 AM (#172439 - in reply to #172436)

Central Wisconsin

Steve,

Sounds like you have been busy with work and all. Sometime Dianna & I would like to ride the NorthEastern States. We plan on riding Northern Cal & Southern Oregon next month. 

The headlight switch has a small spring with a BB that can go BING. The side of the switch that the wires are soldered to can be taken off to get at the copper contacts without disrupting the spring and BB. It's a bit of a PIA account of you need to unscrew the other switches in the housing to get at the side of the headlight switch. 

Hi to Sue and safe riding to ya across the pond ;-)

Edited by Thomas 2015-05-16 8:18 AM
Big Steve
Posted 2015-05-16 11:45 AM (#172440 - in reply to #172354)

Puddle Jumper

Cornwall England
Cheers mate. We are back from riding around a bit of the Cornish(my county) coastline only a 150 miles but all single back roads with a few surprises on the corners (RV type caravans). Enjoy northern cal and oregan we had a great time there the volcanic park is a must.
Steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™