You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Clutch Chatter
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

wedgebolt
Posted 2015-05-06 2:35 PM (#172269)
Subject: Clutch Chatter

Puddle Jumper

Savannah, GA United States
I have a 2015 vision. When I down shift and let out on the clutch I hear a chattering noise. This only happens in 1st gear. Doesnt matter what speed I an going. The oil has been changed and I used Vic oil. The bike now has 900 miles on it. This is my second Vision and I am familiar with the odd sounds made by the tranny. Does anyone have any ideas or any knowledge of this happening before. I am hoping that it will go away as the bike breaks in. After riding bikes for over 40 years my experience tells me it will not. I dont want to take it to the dealer just yet. I am riding to Myrtle Beech this weekend.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
willtill
Posted 2015-05-06 3:17 PM (#172272 - in reply to #172269)
Subject: Re: Clutch Chatter

Visionary

Central Maryland
Nature of the beast. I have a 2011 and it will sometimes happen as well. But it won't do it if I am barely moving (while downshifting into 1st).

wedgebolt
Posted 2015-05-07 7:49 AM (#172291 - in reply to #172272)

Puddle Jumper

Savannah, GA United States
Thanks for the the response. I was hoping that someone would say that. It hasnt effected anything. It just sounded funny. Thank you for your service Willtill. I also retired after 21 years.
willtill
Posted 2015-05-07 8:06 AM (#172292 - in reply to #172291)

Visionary

Central Maryland
wedgebolt - 2015-05-07 8:49 AM

Thanks for the the response. I was hoping that someone would say that. It hasnt effected anything. It just sounded funny. Thank you for your service Willtill. I also retired after 21 years.

And thank you for your service as well brother.

Nozzledog
Posted 2015-05-07 4:40 PM (#172303 - in reply to #172269)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
When you downshift, are you increasing your RPMs and/or using your brakes to match speed before reengaging the clutch? Or are you letting the clutch do all the dirty work of slowing you down?
You should not feel any deceleration when you reengage the clutch. That is what wears them out.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™