You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Level 1 Stage 2 pipes
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

amessen
Posted 2015-04-16 9:37 AM (#171903)
Subject: Level 1 Stage 2 pipes

Cruiser

Belding Michigan

Just a simple question I hope. what is the downside of not having the reflash done ? loss of power? engine problems? do I need it done? or is this a option.? and where do you get the card they talk about?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
diamonbird
Posted 2015-04-16 9:50 AM (#171904 - in reply to #171903)
Subject: Re: Level 1 Stage 2 pipes

Cruiser

Mechanicsville, VA United States
No need for a reflash with just adding pipes on a Victory motor. If you change the air filter to a free flowing filter then you'll need a reflash of the computer.
If you buy the pipes from the dealer(Vic) the card and reflash are part of the install.
If you want it your way then buy a fuel controller and change anything you want on your motor.
ByteN2it
Posted 2015-04-16 11:02 AM (#171905 - in reply to #171903)

Tourer

Beer Collins, Colorado (there is no fort)
I installed a new S1L2 kit(Ebay purchase) on my Vision and rode it for a bit before I took the card & bike down to a dealer for a re-flash. It seemed to run fine but definitely ran a bit stronger after the flash. They charged me 1 hour of shop time $65. This kept me happy until I did the cams & added a fuel controller about 6 months later.
Haze_Gray
Posted 2015-04-16 12:30 PM (#171907 - in reply to #171903)

Cruiser

Virginia Beach, VA
On the Victory site, if you purchase the upgrade exhaust for the Vision it comes with the Pipes, Hi Performance Filter and the ECU Flash. The way I see it the Reflash should be done. Again, just my opinion.
willtill
Posted 2015-04-16 6:28 PM (#171911 - in reply to #171903)

Visionary

Central Maryland
I installed the S1L2 pipes myself, as well as the free flowing Air Filter. I didn't have the bike re-flashed (although I have the re-flash card) since at the same time; I unplugged both O2 sensors and completely removed them from the pipes.

Bike ran fine. Plugs looked good

Then I went to the Lloydz top air filter and installed a VFC to.compensate for the increased air flow. If you have been reading my other thread about the Fueler Controller settings, you will see where I am at with that.

I pulled plugs tonight (probably should be posting this in that thread) and they are MUCH better looking now at 4.5 setting in the Green Zone with the VFC. Notwithstanding that finding, I am having it Dyno'ed and dialed in correctly this time. Will post those numbers in the other thread once I have it done.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™