You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Bushtec hitch
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2015-04-15 7:31 PM (#171890)
Subject: Bushtec hitch

Cruiser

I know I'm not the sharpest tack in the box, but I've been trying to get this used hitch installed on my bike for the last 3 days and have more to do yet tomorrow. I'm no mechanic but I've been following the instructions (as far as I can tell after rereading them for the umpteenth time. Couldn't get the top of the inner left side saddlebag close enough to put the top 3 bolts back in place yesterday so today I moved the the right side. Everything was looking good until I bolted the 2 electrical boxes (whatever THEY do) back up. Can't get the inner bag anywhere near the frame because those 2 boxes hit the right side hitch frame.

Tomorrow I'll check into moving the boxes to another location but at this point I'm tempted to take the thing back off and sell it. Too bad too..it's a nicely built piece of equipment. I'm wondering if it's not made for an ABS Vision.

And now, a beer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
vicguy
Posted 2015-04-15 11:50 PM (#171896 - in reply to #171890)
Subject: Re: Bushtec hitch

Cruiser

shakopee , Mn
Hitch-Doc much simpler,
Cletisv
Posted 2015-04-21 8:55 AM (#172007 - in reply to #171890)

Puddle Jumper

Reedley, CA
Key word USED
Bushtec has 2 hitches for the Vision one fits ABS the other does not.
Rick 106
Posted 2015-04-21 1:10 PM (#172017 - in reply to #171890)

Cruiser

I have one and have no issues at all. I didnt install it myself though.
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2015-04-22 10:56 AM (#172031 - in reply to #172017)

Cruiser

I pulled the hitch off the bike last Friday and ordered another from Hitchdoc. I've looked at lots of pics on youtube of the Bushtec hitch as it's being mounted..probably from a few folks in here and it looks like I had everything in the right place. The one I have is for an ABS-fitted bike like mine but I don't see why it wouldn't work on any Vision. I suspect it's more the installer (me) not being much of a mechanic.

The new hitch is due to be here tomorrow so I have a Bushtec Hitch for sale.
southjerseyrider
Posted 2015-04-23 6:37 AM (#172054 - in reply to #172031)

Tourer

Vineland, NJ United States

you will like Hitchdoc.  I've had one on mine since 2009, installed it myself (and I'm nowhere near a gearhead, I'm an office worker).  The biggest challenge was the wiring harness, I had to get professional help with that.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™