You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Turn signal goes off just before making turns
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Minnow
Posted 2008-10-01 11:51 AM (#19457)
Subject: Turn signal goes off just before making turns

Cruiser

Sparta, WI
I have read some posts about the turn signal not going off after turning. I have that problem but with a little throttle it goes off.

My problem is both right and left blinker going off before turning. It is dangerous! No explanation here. Anyone had this problem? The tech says he will check into it. Anyone had this problem?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cjnoho
Posted 2008-10-02 2:25 AM (#19562 - in reply to #19457)
Subject: Re: Turn signal goes off just before making turns

Visionary

So Cal
Sometimes they wont turn off. sometimes they dont stay on for long. I was just wondering yesterday if they improved things for '09?
I have gotten used to cancelling manually. It is a distraction having to check if my signal is still on.
bigwill5150
Posted 2008-10-02 2:37 AM (#19563 - in reply to #19457)

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
Yeah, same thing. I've gotten into the habit of hitting the switch a few times when I'm at a stop light, then I manually cancel it all the time. It's nice when it does work though.
desldog
Posted 2008-10-03 3:15 PM (#19713 - in reply to #19457)
Subject: RE: Turn signal goes off just before making turns

Puddle Jumper

Hendersonville, TN
I have an 09 and I haven't had that issue, one thing I read about the turn signals is if you want to change lanes, hold the signal to the right or left for three seconds while your changing lanes then just let off...it cancels immediately...
BUCKEYE
Posted 2008-10-08 7:45 PM (#20224 - in reply to #19457)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
OK, let me start by saying, if it turns off to early START YOUR TURN SOONER! If it takes to long to turn off.....HIT THE BUTTON AND TURN IT OFF....my left eye is twitching....
varyder
Posted 2008-10-08 7:56 PM (#20226 - in reply to #20224)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

BUCKEYE - 2008-10-08 7:45 PM OK, let me start by saying, if it turns off to early START YOUR TURN SOONER! If it takes to long to turn off.....HIT THE BUTTON AND TURN IT OFF....my left eye is twitching....

BUCKEY, don't you mean START YOUR TURN LATER!? Calm down, I typing this lightly so it won't upset you too much. It's a good thing you're on the left coast.

rmclarty
Posted 2008-10-09 9:42 AM (#20252 - in reply to #19457)

Cruiser

Sugar Land, TX (Outside of Houston)
The manual is pretty clear (although I don't have it with me to quote). The system assumes you are just changing lanes if certain conditions exist (something to do with the RPMs of the engine or using the clutch, or something) and will turn off in a shorter time. It is supposed to see lower RPMs or the clutch being engaged or something to know you are making a turn and it stays on for 16 blinks.

Now that you are shaking your head with "Clarity" in what I just said - Go look at the Manual and it becomes more clear.

Richard
Wizard523
Posted 2008-10-09 11:47 AM (#20256 - in reply to #19457)

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
Mine works most of the time, but occasionally I end up doing it manually. Actually, it always eventually goes off, I just sometimes get impatient.
Minnow
Posted 2008-10-09 12:12 PM (#20261 - in reply to #20224)

Cruiser

Sparta, WI
BUCKEYE - 2008-10-08 7:45 PM
...my left eye is twitching....

Let it twitch 16 times and it will stop or simply turn it off.

Edited by Minnow 2008-10-09 12:13 PM
varyder
Posted 2008-10-09 11:29 PM (#20307 - in reply to #19457)
Subject: RE: Turn signal goes off just before making turns

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I didn't think of it before, but when was the last time you changed you turn-signal fluid?
Teach
Posted 2008-10-10 10:58 PM (#20368 - in reply to #19457)

Visionary

All bikes with self cancelling are unpredictable at times. No real explanation so I don't and haven't ever worried about it. Sorry I can't help
SrBiff
Posted 2008-10-11 12:16 AM (#20380 - in reply to #20224)

Cruiser

Las Vegas, NV
BUCKEYE - 2008-10-08 4:45 PM

OK, let me start by saying, if it turns off to early START YOUR TURN SOONER! If it takes to long to turn off.....HIT THE BUTTON AND TURN IT OFF....my left eye is twitching....

Why is it that people get so darn sensitive when folks ask simple questions? I wondered the same thing and I'm glad it was brought up. BTW, I did read the manual, but this feature doesn't always behave the way the manual said it will.
VisionNWRider
Posted 2008-10-15 5:28 PM (#20822 - in reply to #19457)

Iron Butt

Tri Cities, WA
Here is what i think and bet this will answer yuor questions. If this system was like my nomad and other bikes i have owned with self canceling signals, the turn signal turns itself off after so many feet traveled. I think its like 300 to 500 feet or some thing like that ??Not based on the the turn itself. Your bike blinkers dont have a so called unit that knows when it turns. it is based on feet traveled.
Rebel
Posted 2008-10-16 9:54 AM (#20857 - in reply to #19457)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
If the turn signal is activated at a speed below 15 MPH it will cancel automatically shortly after the bike's speed reaches 15 MPH. If the signal is activated with the speed above 15 MPH it will cancel after a certain distance is reached. If the signal is activated above 15 MPH and speed drops below 15 MPH, it will cancel shortly after the speed gets back up to 15 MPH.

There's no mercury swtich or anything like that, so the bike doesn't know that you've made a turn. It's all speed and distance dependent. Distance and speed are approximate.

For changing lanes, hold the switch in the desired position for at least 1 second. After that it will stop flashing when you let go of it, whether you hold it for 3 seconds or 30 seconds.

Edited by Rebel 2008-10-16 9:55 AM
RiverRat95533
Posted 2008-10-16 4:39 PM (#20892 - in reply to #19563)

Puddle Jumper

Wake Forest, NC
I kept hearing that my Vision looks like George Jetson's ride, so I named her Jane.

I was considering tevo'ing all the Jetsons episodes and trying to find out what the make/model their car was!!!
cjnoho
Posted 2008-10-17 3:16 AM (#20954 - in reply to #19457)

Visionary

So Cal
In LA, you turn left or right signal on before leaving the driveway and then drive 40 mi. It tells people that you dont speak english. So dont hit me! I have seen people signal to cross double yellow lines(?) Signalling in LA is something you do for yourself, not others. No one else pays attention. It's like a video game, see if you can make it to you destination. Keeps you on your toes, keeps your mind sharp.
dwhite28
Posted 2008-10-17 8:48 AM (#20959 - in reply to #20857)

Tourer

San Antonio, TX United States

Rebel - 2008-10-16 9:54 AM If the turn signal is activated at a speed below 15 MPH it will cancel automatically shortly after the bike's speed reaches 15 MPH. If the signal is activated with the speed above 15 MPH it will cancel after a certain distance is reached. If the signal is activated above 15 MPH and speed drops below 15 MPH, it will cancel shortly after the speed gets back up to 15 MPH. There's no mercury swtich or anything like that, so the bike doesn't know that you've made a turn. It's all speed and distance dependent. Distance and speed are approximate. For changing lanes, hold the switch in the desired position for at least 1 second. After that it will stop flashing when you let go of it, whether you hold it for 3 seconds or 30 seconds.

Sounds like you actually took a moment to read your owners manual.  Glad to hear someone did.  Remember the 15 MPH mark is only APPROXIMATE as noted in the owners manual.  My bike does it at around 20 MPH.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™