You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Rear brake light switch
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

MikeVV
Posted 2015-03-03 5:58 PM (#170055)
Subject: Rear brake light switch

Puddle Jumper

New guy here. I recently bought a 2013 Vision. Brake light is not coming on when using the rear brakes (brake lights are good when using the front brakes). I put a jumper between the 2 wires coming off the rear brake switch. The brake lights activate good when jumping the wires. I measured the resistance between the posts on the rear brake switch. Resistance never changed when pushing the pedal. Assume the switch is bad.

You agree that the resistance of the switch should have gone to zero when the pedal is pushed?
If so, any words of wisdom about replacing the switch? Simple job?
Do I need to bleed the brakes after replacing rear switch? If so, any gotcha's on bleeding linked ABS?

Thanks,
Mike
DFW, TX

Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-03-03 6:14 PM (#170056 - in reply to #170055)
Subject: Re: Rear brake light switch

Visionary

take the break switch to auto store and get new one. Its a pressure switch like your oil light switch. If you have power going in you should have power coming out the simple.
MikeVV
Posted 2015-03-04 10:50 AM (#170068 - in reply to #170055)

Puddle Jumper

Thanks for the response. Any brake bleeding involved? The switch threads in to the rear master cylinder.

Mike
rlreed
Posted 2015-05-10 3:31 PM (#172363 - in reply to #170055)

Cruiser

Tavares, Fl
How did your brake switch turn out??? My 12 vision just quit working also. I found its a Polaris part number4012399...
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-05-10 6:43 PM (#172364 - in reply to #170055)

Visionary

So Vic wants $18.99 for the switch auto store $4.99
Its a pressure switch. So unscrew it and give it a shot of carb cleaner or whatever you have. If you have air blow it out and and put it back in and see it it works. If you have power to one wire it has to go threw the switch to make the lights work.
Killswitch
Posted 2015-06-28 3:17 PM (#173048 - in reply to #170055)

Puddle Jumper

Vancouver, WA United States
Did you have any problems with turn signals/hazard lights? I'm in the same boat, not brake light when the rear brake is engaged. But the problem started when I had my hazard lights on. After working for about 15 min, they quit along with turn signals and all brake lighting. As the day progressed my turn signals/hazard lights and front brake lighting returned, but not the rear. I'm thinking this might be more than a pressure switch.
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-06-28 6:02 PM (#173053 - in reply to #173048)

Visionary

Killswitch - 2015-06-28 3:17 PM Did you have any problems with turn signals/hazard lights? I'm in the same boat, not brake light when the rear brake is engaged. But the problem started when I had my hazard lights on. After working for about 15 min, they quit along with turn signals and all brake lighting. As the day progressed my turn signals/hazard lights and front brake lighting returned, but not the rear. I'm thinking this might be more than a pressure switch.

first tell us what year you have.

with a 10mm wrench cheak battery bolts. Your hand will lie to you. How old is your battery.

Just getting simple things out of the way first 

Killswitch
Posted 2015-06-29 2:11 PM (#173076 - in reply to #170055)

Puddle Jumper

2013 Vision. Just had it in for service last week and they told me that they tightened the battery bolts down. Battery is the one from the factory. I've had the bike about a year and the battery appears to work fine, no problems starting.
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-06-29 5:37 PM (#173079 - in reply to #170055)

Visionary

has to be something shorting out with wires. I would think the dealers computer could tell you wear
Killswitch
Posted 2015-06-30 10:25 AM (#173099 - in reply to #170055)

Puddle Jumper

The dealer was stumped too. He suggested that I bring it in and hook it up to the computer and see if it's throwing any codes.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™